Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfreton tonight.

Absolutely embarrassing result. Questions need answering, will be interesting to see the post match interview. I see the score hasn’t even been put on Facebook, that’s probably wise because you’d need a 5 man team to hide all the negative comments like on Saturday.

My question is, looking at the teamsheet of ‘highly rated players’, who at half time would be grabbing the team by the scruff of the neck? The dressing room leaders, the players who’ve been there for the club, no idea. It’s great to get new players and we can always improve but you’ve got to blend it into the side to make it work. We should’ve learned that lesson from Todd last season.

At present this overhaul of players and management change is looking very poor.

The perfect tribute from the Alfreton team to Jordan Sinnott. Be good to get Spencer Hamilton and Joe Hanks back in the team. Team is looking like strangers, hopefully they will gel. Would settle for some defensively solid 1 - 0 wins.

No comment! I'm too angry to say anything

Just got back home and I’m almost lost for words

Some absolute comical defending and by god I mean comical, although it was a lovely well took goal by McClure when we were sort of back in it!!

We played a lot better when we went 4-1 down for some odd reason and there’s glimpses of good stuff but it maybe to late now

Rowe came over at the end and apologised which took some balls you gotta give the man credit for that and Fab was in tears, shame the usual suspects just pissed off down the tunnel

The flowers were greatly appreciated by Alfreton so that was a plus and put a lot of things into perspective

Rowe's interview is a disgrace. To blame our away from on the fact we haven't won away since August and that there is a mentality causing that was a crazy thing to say given how much he has changed the team. How about you look at your player recruitment rather than blame the previous manager. We are 3 points clear of the relegation zone and its a good job Blyth lost again tonight. Alex realise you made a massive mistake and do something about before it is too late otherwise we might well be going back to Gloucester playing Step 3 football and you will be the person to blame for sacking the previous manager and hiring a man who clearly isn't up to the job.

What is quite revealing about this situation is the number of ex players or people previously involved who are not at all happy. People who obviously care about the club. Not just the odd grumble but almost universally unhappy

Someone needs to look at themselves and work out why so many people are so pissed off and do something about it. Something has to change.

In every interview he talks about what happened “before his reign” the away form is bad yes but surely the 9 new players can’t have that losing mentality yet?
    I was worried when we lost to a really out of form Southport,we need to go back to basics and hope something changes.

Alfreton's last home win in the league was September 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeglos View Post
    What is quite revealing about this situation is the number of ex players or people previously involved who are not at all happy. People who obviously care about the club. Not just the odd grumble but almost universally unhappy

Someone needs to look at themselves and work out why so many people are so pissed off and do something about it. Something has to change.
    Check out Chris Gages comments on Twitter, I think that tells you everything you need to know about what's wrong at this club.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Rowe's interview is a disgrace. To blame our away from on the fact we haven't won away since August and that there is a mentality causing that was a crazy thing to say given how much he has changed the team. How about you look at your player recruitment rather than blame the previous manager. We are 3 points clear of the relegation zone and its a good job Blyth lost again tonight. Alex realise you made a massive mistake and do something about before it is too late otherwise we might well be going back to Gloucester playing Step 3 football and you will be the person to blame for sacking the previous manager and hiring a man who clearly isn't up to the job.
    Referencing heavy defeats under the previous manager,!!! We don't care JR, it's your team now and the job you've done since coming in has been frankly absymal.

You basically threw Daly under the bus for the 2nd goal and it sounds like he and others just disappeared down the tunnel rather than going over to apologise to the travelling fans at the end. Disgraceful.

Big decision time AP, this ain't working and some pride needs to be swallowed. We may stay up purely due to the way the league is structured this season with only 3 from this level across the North and South going down, but nothing is filling me with hope that next season would be any different under this manager.