Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Southport home

5 shots with just 1 on target compared to Southport's 11 shots with 5 on target and that was against a team who have conceded 15 goals in their last 5 league games.

Pressure is mounting.
    Last edited by Darran; 25-01-20 at 05:56 PM.

9 points from the last 13 games is not good enough

Kind of expecting that with so many new faces but that's not an excuse, it was frustrating. They strangled us whenever we had the ball and where they got it wide to their right winger we didn't have any width at all. We looked good in spells but overall we lost and that's all that counts.
    Last edited by Neil; 25-01-20 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    I've a feeling we will hammer Southport today,but Iím normally always wrong!
    Half right and half wrong - the second part of the statement was right, first part wrong.

City played like a group of individuals who had never met before - Oh! Of course they are a group of individuals who havenít played together before. One of the worst performances Iíve watched for a very long time.

Is Alex going to given everyone a refund? I thought we had put poor performances behind us?

People can follow stats on betting sites all they want (yes I know some people live a long way away), but it doesn't men you've seen the game.

Goals win games, and they got one. We really should have scored in the second half, hitting the post from 5 yards (shot off target) and Fabs blazing over from 12 yards when totally unmarked. Dozens of balls, mostly long throws, into the box that got flicked on or nodded down, only to fall just wrong or be met with a shot that was blocked. I'm not sure if Bet365 register that as a shot tbh.

I'm not for a second saying we played well. Pretty solid at the back despite losing a FB early on, tidyish in MF, but lacking cohesion in the final third.

Personally, I have no doubt the players who have come in are class acts and if you'd watched them I think most would agree, and the likes of Fabs and Marlon are still as capable as they have been previously.

I think the pressure mounting will only hinder them gelling as a team and improving, so I'll just keep supporting them, as freezing and depressing as today was.

See you next Saturday
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Is Alex going to given everyone a refund? I thought we had put poor performances behind us?
    Donít you ever get bored?

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    People can follow stats on betting sites all they want (yes I know some people live a long way away), but it doesn't men you've seen the game.

Goals win games, and they got one. We really should have scored in the second half, hitting the post from 5 yards (shot off target) and Fabs blazing over from 12 yards when totally unmarked. Dozens of balls, mostly long throws, into the box that got flicked on or nodded down, only to fall just wrong or be met with a shot that was blocked. I'm not sure if Bet365 register that as a shot tbh.

I'm not for a second saying we played well. Pretty solid at the back despite losing a FB early on, tidyish in MF, but lacking cohesion in the final third.

Personally, I have no doubt the players who have come in are class acts and if you'd watched them I think most would agree, and the likes of Fabs and Marlon are still as capable as they have been previously.

I think the pressure mounting will only hinder them gelling as a team and improving, so I'll just keep supporting them, as freezing and depressing as today was.

See you next Saturday
    Not just basing it on the stats though Dave. I would never do that as I do know those stats can be mis-leading. People's reaction to the game from people who were there is enough to tell me we were poor today. Like it or not Dave, but the pressure is mounting on Rowe. He has won just one game since taking over and has made a huge gamble changing pretty much the whole team in a short space of time. We made excuses for Todd (I was one of them for a pretty long time) for ages and the worry for plenty of us is that we are going down the same route. Rowe will know himself that he is under huge pressure and I am led to believe there were a few boos from fans after the final whistle. He is an inexperienced manager, that was always my concern when we hired him and all he has done since for me is continue to show how inexperienced he is.

If the game on Tuesday goes ahead then hopefully we can get 3 points then.

Not a great game. Dreadful but tolerated time wasting. Their left back taking the piss taking throws deep on the right hand side.
    City looked a bit clueless to me but did pick up a bit when fab came on. Centre halves lumping balls up proved pretty fruitless.

The last four games I watched had 20 goals in them. They were exciting, open and fast. This wasn't. This was pretty dull

There were boos at the end, that's a fact