Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam gone then

Sam gone then

Not sure what to say other than thanks sam

Personally I'm gutted. Love Sam and I'm very sad to see him leave. A manager is paid to make decisions, and is judged on how they pan out, so they have to be left to make them.

Typically, Avo doesn't want any fuss and requested his Social media isn't flooded by well wishers, but he asked me to pass this message on.

"It has been a tough weekend after informally being released by the club on Friday. Now looking back I’d like to thank all the fans for their support over the last 5 and a half seasons. You’ve been the main reason for me staying so long in an attempt to keep Gloucester City FC in the strongest place for the eventual return to MP. One I would of loved to be a part of but unfortunately that won’t happen now. Been a lot of highs/lows at the club but you fans kept the club and team together. It’s been an absolute pleasure to be captain for this club and wish the club and more importantly the fans the utmost success in their return ‘home’. Hope to see again sometime at MP." #upthecity
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

As I have said on previous threads in order to bring new faces in sadly some must go in order to balance the books.

Personally for me has been a great servant - smashing bloke ( his dad great too) never gave anything less than 100o/o every time he played and played with pride for the shirt. Thanks Sam you can give another local team more of your total commitment to their great benefit.

Well thats gone down like a lead balloon on twitter. Had some great times watching big Sam who always gave 100% for the club. I really wish him and his dad Kev all the best for the future.

100% totally committed to the club, I wish those that follow have the same commitment.
    All the best Sam and the same to your dad Kev.

Thank you and goodbye Sam.

Great servant of the club, local boy who bleeds red and black and yellow and white. When Pennell signed it was clear someone would need to make way given the budget restrictions. Rowe wants his own men, no room for sentiment.

Hope everyone is enjoying the ride

What a shit 24 hours to be a City fan

Cheers Sam and your dad as well, you were there through thick and thin.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    Personally I'm gutted. Love Sam and I'm very sad to see him leave. A manager is paid to make decisions, and is judged on how they pan out, so they have to be left to make them.

Typically, Avo doesn't want any fuss and requested his Social media isn't flooded by well wishers, but he asked me to pass this message on.

"It has been a tough weekend after informally being released by the club on Friday. Now looking back I’d like to thank all the fans for their support over the last 5 and a half seasons. You’ve been the main reason for me staying so long in an attempt to keep Gloucester City FC in the strongest place for the eventual return to MP. One I would of loved to be a part of but unfortunately that won’t happen now. Been a lot of highs/lows at the club but you fans kept the club and team together. It’s been an absolute pleasure to be captain for this club and wish the club and more importantly the fans the utmost success in their return ‘home’. Hope to see again sometime at MP." #upthecity
    Very gracious statement that. Fair play to Sam.

A sad day to be a City fan. We're losing the lads who played for the shirts. Time will tell to see if the lads who play for the pay slips will be able to replace them.

Thanks for all your hard work Sam. A number of local clubs will be after your signature.

Any bets as to who's next through the exit door?

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post

What an absolute gentleman. Sorry to see Sam go but really feel the need for the club to make the next step up. Whatever way you look at it, this is the highest level he's every played at and he's been replaced by someone who has played for the England C team. Football can be cruel at times.