Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Luke Pennell joins the club

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    Low expectations and having a shite job work wonders.

It's brilliant.
    So good he said it twice!

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Odd for Still to have wanted him to go given he was such a big fan of his when he managed him at Dagenham.
    From an outsider looking in, players realise City are going places, new stadium et al and want to be part of it.
    Fair play to James his signings look quality, time will tell that said.
    Within the budget...brilliant acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Pims manager again View Post
    From an outsider looking in, players realise City are going places, new stadium et al and want to be part of it.
    Fair play to James his signings look quality, time will tell that said.
    Within the budget...brilliant acquisition.
    He had already left Maidstone and only played 10 games this season.

Looks like another good signing. Ominous addition for Sam and/or Spencer. Both captains this season, but things change fast. I'd have liked to see both play at New Meadow Park, but no room for sentiment if you want success.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    He had already left Maidstone and only played 10 games this season.
    I wondered why there was no mention of him on their forum.

Do you know much about these players Darran? Are they better than what we already have?

Think back to the start of the season and that lad we signed who played at Brackley and looked dreadful. We are now signing players with a bit of calibre who have played at this level and above, and for England C. How can anyone have anything negative to say???

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Do you know much about these players Darran? Are they better than what we already have?

Think back to the start of the season and that lad we signed who played at Brackley and looked dreadful. We are now signing players with a bit of calibre who have played at this level and above, and for England C. How can anyone have anything negative to say???
    I think it's all brilliant too, any part time jobs going, I could mow AP s lawn clean his car, walk his dog, take his wife shopping, no I draw a line with the shopping bit ( only joking).

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

I watched Maidstone play Dulwich at the beginning of September and McClure started, but Pennell was an unused sub. I think the standard is higher in the North this season based on what I have seen, but McClure should be a step up on what we have for sure. Clearly for whatever reason Pennell was struggling to get in the Maidstone team so they let him go earlier in the month to help cut the wage bill. Obviously had a good career so far up until this season, but as I said before given Still was so glowing in his praise for him you have to wonder why he was out of favour this season. He could turn out to be better than we have, but to me it seems like a signing we have made because he happens to need a club rather than McClure who we have actively gone and signed.

Travel partner maybe? It helps to have players who know each other when we're in transition. Bring on the Guiseley!

There is a mention on their forum Neil, on the day he was released, the few comments were not favourable and glad to see him go, mostly that he appeared to not be interested. Lets hope new start with us will re-energise him and want to impress, it's the only way he can go on to better himself and fulfill his potential.
    Last edited by Badger; 17-01-20 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    There is a mention on their forum Neil, on the day he was released, the few comments were not favourable and glad to see him go, mostly that he appeared to not be interested. Lets hope new start with us will re-energise him and want to impress, it's the only way he can go on to better himself and fulfill his potential.
    Could be he had fallen out with Still who knows, but clearly had ability at one stage and we shall see if he gets back to that or he really is on a downward spiral.