Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New striker

Matt was born the day after we'd lost 2-3 to Wealdstone at Vicarage Road.

Thought I recognised him from somewhere

What I remember about that is (a) how convenient it was for a City director to take in the game on that Sunday aftertnoon and then fly out from Heathrow for his holiday and (b) how much red and yellow there was about the Watford ground. It could serve as a colour scheme for ourselves on returning home. It would shout out for sure.

Oh, and the result. We were a bit unlucky. Not our only appearance at a top flight ground of course.

I've only put that as a reminder to how old most of us are if you remember it.

Jim Mogg had a go at a bunch of lads who looked like they were going to run onto the pitch, they were hanging around near us but weren't City fans.

My car stereo was bust too so I had my mini ghetto blaster in the car and brought it into the ground and when we lost I played Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life.

Indeed.

I particularly remember our last minute defeat at Kenilworth Road in the FA Trophy when Luton temporarily dipped out of the top four. Only minutes before Matt Couple had taken the old adage about heading the ball into the ground far too literally when he saw it bounce up over the crossbar.

Had he scored City fans would have been delirious, Hatters would have been mostly nonplussed. Who cares what the EDF would have thought, years later I still have electricity (supplied by a foreign firm)

Despite what the Scottish U12 says, nut it hard and nut it true.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I've only put that as a reminder to how old most of us are if you remember it.

Jim Mogg had a go at a bunch of lads who looked like they were going to run onto the pitch, they were hanging around near us but weren't City fans.

My car stereo was bust too so I had my mini ghetto blaster in the car and brought it into the ground and when we lost I played Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life.
    Do you mean Dave Mogg?

Remember that night, some loon from Luton giving directions and we ended up in a cul de sac in Bicester!

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy. View Post
    Do you mean Dave Mogg?
    No. Jim.

I was at the Wealdstone game, wasn’t it as last minute goal we conceded by some one called a Johnson Hyppolite ( excuse the spelling)

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    I will be at Farsley at home on the 15th of feb,bringing my Dad and brother along aswell,ive actually worked my holiday around getting to a City game(donít tell the wife!) so I really hope itís not called off.
    On this subject can I pay with card the club shop at Evesham?
    Look forward to meeting you, I will the person trying to sell you a cash draw ticket! Unfortunately the club shop doesnít take cards, something we will certainly doing when back at Meadow Park