Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New striker

And therein lies a lesson in diplomacy from Joseph to Darrandinho. You'll go far young man.

So have you moved from the Primary Research and Intelligence Centre?

Read up on our new striker if it's true, sounds good to me. He's 28 played 6 year for Wycombe in league 1 and 2 also had a couple of years at Dagenham and Redbridge before signing for Aldershot where he probabley met James Rowe .All I can say is thank you AP and James Rowe for making this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Petheram View Post
    Darren is right... it's a player we wouldn't have been able to afford in the past.... but this season is now and now our budget hasn't increased since it was set pre-season. Yes, it's very different to last seasons. The issue could also be that you've believed mind games and propaganda from before. As when managers say "we've the smallest budget in the league", "we can't afford their subs bench", "we've the smallest squad in the league", "the top paid player is more then our starting 11" etc etc.... maybe this is done to deflect blame, pressure or attention. You won't often see comments like this from the club or on club controlled media, but in the spoken interview or via online papers, clubs aren't in control.

The comments i hate are the ones where people don't believe quality players want to join us... as if we're some sort of poor neighbour.... little old Gloucester .... what i see is a manager that's connected, fans that are loyal and never hate at the team or boo players and a board that are building a new ground.... three big ticks for most.

AP
    It certainly is very different from previous seasons. “Mind games and propaganda from before?”. A few facts. We did have one of the smallest budgets in the league and struggled to afford a subs bench. The club was punching far above their weight and this was due to the professionalism and dedication of a small group of people. You may care to take a look at league tables since our promotion to the National
    League. Not done due to pressure or attention, but simply because they cared enormously about the club.

Yes this was in the past but has provided the platform for what you are apparently attempting to achieve.

It’s fine to sign quality players, if affordable, especially when they improve the team’s performance and league position. We appear to be potentially in a relegation battle.

As regards the manager that is “connected”. I thought we had one in the name of Cookie who did just that, excellently supported by the City legend Hosky. An impeccable record during a season where we looked relegation certainties.

We move forward and some will of course believe what they are told.

At the end of the day as long as we can afford it then it is great to be getting decent quality players in. Like Joe said though it is hard to believe that Mike had the same budget that James currently has given some of the players that have come in. It is pretty clear through your posts Alex that you are having digs at the former management staff which is unfair. We would have been playing Step 3 football if it wasn't for him coming in and keeping us up last season and quite frankly it was a minor miracle we did stay up. Whatever happened that led to him leaving is between the two of you, but it does yourself no favours when you constantly have digs at him and give massive praise to our new manager. I am hardly expecting you to not back him, but at this point we have only won one game under him and are currently being dragged into a relegation battle. Hopefully James will will go on to prove himself to be a superb manager and we can have lots of success, but it is hardly fair to have this little digs when James hasn't exactly had a great start.

Cracking welcome for our new striker this, joint chairman having a row with a fan on the forum and having digs at our old manager. I think you said Alex that we're looking to become more professional, well however amateurishly we supposedly ran things in the past it didn't come to this.

If it wasn't for those amateurs keeping this club running when there was no money to spend, you wouldn't have the privilege of spending your money on it now. Be a little more humble.

Evening Taff great to hear from you, not seen you for a while, i hope you're well. I agree with your comments, sadly cannot comment on the days when you ran the ST, but i would like to thank you for what you did in the trust as it was clearly left on a good footing.

Hi Darren, A bit of cash was put in to keep us up too last season. The highlight for me was Truro away over Easter, that really was a great Easter weekend. I sadly feel like I need to back the manager, having seen a Rowe Out post on here not so long ago, that I feel is unfair... but i accept all your points above and I like you, want us to do well.

Nothing was meant to read as a dig to our former team, heck we had some great times and I like you all will always be grateful for the good times we shared last season and the start of this. I was just trying (sorry as I clearly failed - my fault - sorry for causing any offence) to give a rounded view about comments from another club in their local press. I failed in being discreet, i've never been known for tact, i'm be rubbish at Chess! But I would suggest, maybe i'm wrong maybe i'm not, that the comments over their budget was aimed at someone for whatever reason. But hey ho, what can you do and do we even care... it's a bit like premier league teams saying "we never get pens at Old Trafford" or "Liverpool always get VAR close calls".... it's just managers doing what they do.

Good to hear from you both and yes, football is a results based business, so moving up the table is 100% what we needs to happen, as Taff is correct, we don't want any battles come the end of the season! Oh and i've just heard that there isn't any planned pitch inspections for Saturday, so fingers crossed.

AP

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Cracking welcome for our new striker this, joint chairman having a row with a fan on the forum and having digs at our old manager. I think you said Alex that we're looking to become more professional, well however amateurishly we supposedly ran things in the past it didn't come to this.

If it wasn't for those amateurs keeping this club running when there was no money to spend, you wouldn't have the privilege of spending your money on it now. Be a little more humble.
    Hi Lee,

You're dead right. I didn't see anything as a row just trying to give people what i was asked to do. But i've failed again, it's just not my night. Like i've just said, i'd be rubbish at chess!

If it wasn't for the good work put in by the likes of Taff and everyone else over all these years, the club wouldn't be here now, so to all the ST chairman and vices, club chairman and vices, managers, board members and of course fans that come week after week and to the ones that live is Spain or just can't get to games, thank you all.

Like i've said before, as soon as someone can do a better job then me, i'll happily just watch from the stands.

AP

I will be at Farsley at home on the 15th of feb,bringing my Dad and brother along aswell,ive actually worked my holiday around getting to a City game(donít tell the wife!) so I really hope itís not called off.
    On this subject can I pay with card the club shop at Evesham?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Petheram View Post
    Evening Taff great to hear from you, not seen you for a while, i hope you're well. I agree with your comments, sadly cannot comment on the days when you ran the ST, but i would like to thank you for what you did in the trust as it was clearly left on a good footing.

Hi Darren, A bit of cash was put in to keep us up too last season. The highlight for me was Truro away over Easter, that really was a great Easter weekend. I sadly feel like I need to back the manager, having seen a Rowe Out post on here not so long ago, that I feel is unfair... but i accept all your points above and I like you, want us to do well.

Nothing was meant to read as a dig to our former team, heck we had some great times and I like you all will always be grateful for the good times we shared last season and the start of this. I was just trying (sorry as I clearly failed - my fault - sorry for causing any offence) to give a rounded view about comments from another club in their local press. I failed in being discreet, i've never been known for tact, i'm be rubbish at Chess! But I would suggest, maybe i'm wrong maybe i'm not, that the comments over their budget was aimed at someone for whatever reason. But hey ho, what can you do and do we even care... it's a bit like premier league teams saying "we never get pens at Old Trafford" or "Liverpool always get VAR close calls".... it's just managers doing what they do.

Good to hear from you both and yes, football is a results based business, so moving up the table is 100% what we needs to happen, as Taff is correct, we don't want any battles come the end of the season! Oh and i've just heard that there isn't any planned pitch inspections for Saturday, so fingers crossed.

AP
    I started the Rowe out thread and it was tongue in cheek although there was a fear we were looking at a Todd v2

Has McClure actually signed yet?
    Smutty boys are lonely boys!