Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New striker

New striker

Matt McClure joins from maidstone United

Our playing budget has clearly gone up by a fair bit. John Still has said they wanted to keep him but Maidstone couldn't match what we were offering. Given how big their crowds are compared to ours that is some feat. Also 2nd player to come from the South so I am guessing that there is some expectation that we will be switching divisions at the end of the season.
    Last edited by Darran; 16-01-20 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Matt McClure joins from maidstone United
    Quality, investment in the squad.

Brilliant!!!!

Great looking signing. Been banging them in at this level so far this season. Excited to see him in a City shirt.

Most of his career in L2,were forming a decent squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Our playing budget has clearly gone up by a fair bit.
    We are told it hasn’t and I think u will find the ever revolving door of ins and outs will continue as the new man brings in players to suit his style of play.

Until players are announced on our website they aren't signed. I'm aware of what the local paper has written, but our local paper talks about Greggs selling vegan sausage rolls and Go Outdoors zipping people in tents overnight, so they might be speaking slightly out of turn. As we will do on every player, we as a club will honour the embargo and FA contract ruling.

James won't be getting a bigger budget, as i've said time and time again. Maybe it wasn't as bad this season as people where led to believe in the first place and maybe James is looking to move players out and or maybe take a personal sacrifice to make the numbers work.... but heck.... let's never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

AP

I'm sorry Alex but I just don't believe you at all. If we are paying more than Maidstone can afford for a player they wanted to keep then the budget has gone up. Also the local paper was just quoting what John Still told them after their game on Tuesday night so as much as I understand the club can't announce it until today it isn't exactly a made up quote unless Still has got his information wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    I'm sorry Alex but I just don't believe you at all. If we are paying more than Maidstone can afford for a player they wanted to keep then the budget has gone up. Also the local paper was just quoting what John Still told them after their game on Tuesday night so as much as I understand the club can't announce it until today it isn't exactly a made up quote unless Still has got his information wrong.
    John Still also says about being over budget, so maybe he was restricted in what he could offer?