Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: And it begins....

Quote Originally Posted by Getushome View Post
    Their lack of involvement recently may have left them hungry. You can bring in better players on paper, but as we know from those that have come before, they don’t always settle, particularly if moving from full time and have to get their heads around the fact they might just not make it.

Watching Sweeney made me think of Hopper, so let’s hope he does as well as he did.
    Could be although like I say why hasn't he been seen at any club since the summer? That isn't a good thing in my book. Hopefully they both do well for us, but at this stage they are hardly signings which should be getting us excited especially given who he has let go.

Bring back Ed Williams and now we'd be talking

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    You are looking at the wrong Dan Sweeney.
    Ah, an error on my part, almost a Freudian slip, remiss of me.😀

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    Bring back Ed Williams and now we'd be talking
    We agree again. They have just sacked their manager today as well so could be a good time to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    We agree again. They have just sacked their manager today as well so could be a good time to get him.
    Bloody heck twice in two days now 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    Bloody heck twice in two days now ������
    I now pronounce you man and wife!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    It is but I've removed the index page. No point keeping it up to date without photos. I've provided photos previously but if I asked for them now I wouldn't be given them! The hosting runs until March and I'm not going to renew it so everything goes then, it'll be someone else's turn to give it a go.
    Genuinely sad to hear that Neil, Nesty on the Nest has done a decent Cheltenham history site, but it doesn't hold a modicum of what Tiger Roar did. Many a time I've read stuff on there when going down internet wormholes.

I couldn't remember until I checked on there that Jimmy Cox scored all four in the greatest city game ever, Oct 2002 v Solihull Borough at home. I doubt I will ever see a game as good again in my lifetime. Shame if it goes but I suspect no one but you Neil knows the effort involved in maintaining it

Not been announced by City but Harry Hodges has gone back to Bristol Rovers too

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeglos View Post
    I couldn't remember until I checked on there that Jimmy Cox scored all four in the greatest city game ever, Oct 2002 v Solihull Borough at home. I doubt I will ever see a game as good again in my lifetime. Shame if it goes but I suspect no one but you Neil knows the effort involved in maintaining it
    I'm sure Will Steadman claimed one of them. Why do I remember these things yet forget what I was planning to do two minutes ago?