Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bradford

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bradford

Well that was disappointing. The only plus side was that it wasn't that cold.

I like the look of Liam Daly, big lad, won loads of headers. Joe Parker had a good game too but no-one else really stood out.

The new manager has a job on his hands to get the team to get the ball under control in the final third and do something meaningful with it.

Will probably need two or three signing of the caliber of Daly through the middle of the team and the rest of the season to get it right.

Youíd have thought bottom of the league at home would be the perfect game to start a managerial tenure with, maybe not. Maybe because it was the FA Trophy and weíve only won one game in this competition in NINE seasons now.

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    You’d have thought bottom of the league at home would be the perfect game to start a managerial tenure with, maybe not. Maybe because it was the FA Trophy and we’ve only won one game in this competition in NINE seasons now.
    I was surprised when you told me that coming out of the game because the car park area was restricted due to soft ground and development.

That's the parking message!

It will still be restricted for the Kettering game so you might want to come early.

Agree with Neil manager got his work cut out and needs two or three new players. On the plus side Liam Daley 9 out of 10 the rest of the team 9 between them

Pretty much echo what Neil says but with the addition of the word turgid. We didn't seem to have any rhythym, just blues. Highlight of the match was when Sir Bob of Owen, the Bobster, bought me a burger, as well as the company.

The car park attendant asked me to advise you all over the forum about something, but I forgot what he said except for the fact that it was really important. So prepare yourself for the unexpected, in a car park setting. You can relax elsewhere.

Good interview by Rowe seems that he will not take the defeat lying down, he spoke about a couple of acquisitions, hopefully he knows what he is doing and that they are a good standard, although he admits we did not play well, on another day we could have come out on top!

I've just remembered.

It wasn't a car park attendant but Nick, club secretary. But it was do with traffic management. I think

Banned
    Phone lines will be busy tonight

Disappointment started when I was half way from Uni to Evesham to receive a text saying my season ticket wasnít valid and Iíd have to pay for entry, but at least weíve got a full time manager now so thatís okay.

Iím not really sure what our style was meant to be, we seemed to change system quite a lot and with all the quality in our team we never really got going. Just hope that the players donít lose much confidence with all these changes as recent results have been decent.

Thought we were very lucky to get that penalty and the ref could easily have produced the red on two occasions for us, although some of the free kicks were a bit baffling for both sides.

The Bradford commentators were surprised with how poor we were today, saying that their team have been terrible recently yet we didnít really offer anything.

On to the positives. Spence as captain, you just love to see it. Daly looks a great signing as well, proper non-league bully defender off the ball at times today.

Hopefully next week will be completely different, I wonít be able to stomach losing to Kettering!

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Disappointment started when I was half way from Uni to Evesham to receive a text saying my season ticket wasnít valid and Iíd have to pay for entry, but at least weíve got a full time manager now so thatís okay.
    Season tickets have never been valid for any cup or trophy game I've ever attended?

They're not allowed to be as the gate profit is shared?!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.