Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liam Daly signs

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    Funny you should say that as we’ve just had an email from our hotel in Southport asking how do you like your smoked salmon in the morning,do you still want the fluffy towels imported from Morocco and do you want a bottle of Dom Perignon on arrival?
    I want it all with a smile and the Salmon served on Kylie Minogue midriff.So you will have to take Isaac to Wetherspoons for breakfast.
    Looking forward to it (top man)

This is a statement to the league that GCFC is on its way back! Hopefully it is not boom or bust but E. Mc. said he would never allow that to happen again so hopefully our investors are there for the long haul.

The plans for the club look really good and hopefully we can kick on from here.

More signings to come?? I would imagine as all new managers want to place their own stamp on a team

Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    This is a statement to the league that GCFC is on its way back! Hopefully it is not boom or bust but E. Mc. said he would never allow that to happen again so hopefully our investors are there for the long haul.

The plans for the club look really good and hopefully we can kick on from here.

More signings to come?? I would imagine as all new managers want to place their own stamp on a team
    Yes it looks good with exciting times ahead will be enjoyable to watch football again.

I hope Ray Tango is working on a flag to welcome our new additions to the club.

[QUOTE=GDE;17771]This is a statement to the league that GCFC is on its way back! Hopefully it is not boom or bust but E. Mc. said he would never allow that to happen again so hopefully our investors are there for the long haul.

I donít think that EMG would prop us up for 12 years to then contribute to us going bust, that was my worry aswell but this this time( compared to the KG era) thereís a lot more investors involved.
    Itís not impossible that after an initial investment is made the club can become sustainable if run correctly and we have a bit of success or move players on for decent transfer fees.
    Either way after 20 odd years in the waiting we are hopefully on the way to getting back to within touching distance of our arch rivals ( cheltenham)

I would rather the focus was on building the ground and getting that ready and then concentrate on the team. As long as we have a team to stay up which we should do then that is all that is needed. We shouldn't be aiming at the play-offs and I am not even sure we would be allowed in them yet. Gaining promotion at this stage could do more damage than good in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    This is a statement to the league that GCFC is on its way back!
    As good a signing as it looks on paper Iím not sure we should be getting carried away. We need to strengthen all over the pitch if we are to go up and stay up, and we donít even fill our bench most weeks.

Will be interesting to see if any more signings arrive in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    I would rather the focus was on building the ground and getting that ready and then concentrate on the team. As long as we have a team to stay up which we should do then that is all that is needed. We shouldn't be aiming at the play-offs and I am not even sure we would be allowed in them yet. Gaining promotion at this stage could do more damage than good in my view.
    I agree, probably still the case but this guy came up as a free transfer which wonít be the case every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    I agree, probably still the case but this guy came up as a free transfer which won’t be the case every week.
    I'm pretty sure all our players come on free transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by redshift View Post
    I'm pretty sure all our players come on free transfers.
    What I meant is a player of that calibre became available at a moment that wasnít planned for so had to get in there quick.