Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Todd,Cook,Rowe

Leroy R, Mike C, Brian G.

Boris. Got us promoted and kept us up against huge odds

Leroy. Great team and great football

Chris Burns. We could have gone bust, but he filled the team with his mates and although it was 2 steps lower than we're playing now, it was quite a fun period watching us back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Boris. Got us promoted and kept us up against huge odds

Leroy. Great team and great football

Chris Burns. We could have gone bust, but he filled the team with his mates and although it was 2 steps lower than we're playing now, it was quite a fun period watching us back then
    Agree with Burnsy they were magical times and mainly very,very drunken journeys on the way home after away games

Brian Godfrey - He assembled a formidable team who played with a swagger, while Brian snarled on the sidelines. Although I didn't appreciate it at the time, he brought me the majority of my happy City memories I have, which will hopefully pale into insignificance with future successes. But even when we are lifting the Champion's League trophy I will remember that team. Best City Manager in my time.

Burnsy - Made a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Stepped in when the club needed someone like him, and delivered. Pulled every ounce out of his players, that's good management. There were some really good players in that group, by the way.

Tim Harris - because of the two seasons he performed the great escape, picking up some great short term loans and ensuring we retained our status during some vulnerable times. Despite what some might think over recent events he has given so much to our club, and I reckon will do at some stage in the future.

Boris - I'm having four, and not even asking. Could not only manage but when he put on the shirt for City a few times as sub showed he really could play. Longevity, survival, some great cup moments. Thank you

Webby and Mussie the one game they were in charge and the passion they showed when we scored always worth remembering!

Boris for getting us promoted and keeping us there.

Cook for last yearís miracle and what it meant to the club.

Agree Leroys team was great to watch but he did have a huge budget and for me will always be remembered as the nearly manager( league and cup). Its funny that one of my best memories was the semi against Dagenham but if I could go back in time I would have choose to have been knocked out in the first round as it would have meant promotion due to ridiculous amount of games we played in the last 2 weeks of that season, still annoys me!

Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    Webby and Mussie the one game they were in charge and the passion they showed when we scored always worth remembering!
    Tom Webb and Neil Mustoe have never been joint managers together. You might be thinking of when Mustoe with Adie Harris took charge at Meadow Park and we lost 4-5 in a thriller?

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    Tom Webb and Neil Mustoe have never been joint managers together. You might be thinking of when Mustoe with Adie Harris took charge at Meadow Park and we lost 4-5 in a thriller?
    Thanks must have been this game, just the sight of them running down the line

Just got to be Brian Godfrey - iirc only occasion in my time following GC (since 1954) that we've actually finished a season at the top of a league.

What a season that was!