Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Mike Cook

For what it's worth Dave I would think now is a bloody hard time to be Trust chairman mate. I was on the board for the best part of a decade but we rarely had to deal with divisive issues like colour changes, managerial sackings, etc. I don't envy you.

I stopped all my Trust membership this season but that's nothing personal against you guys on the board. It's just that Trust money has always gone to the Club (through one route or another), and historically I've been happy to give £10 per month (plus fundraisers and match day spending) to the Club, but that's no longer the case. In future when the Club start to show more respect to the fans I'll probably start again. Either way, doesn't look like they're missing my money .

I certainly agree that when we get home I think everyone will be much happier. Our fan base is hugely divided now which isn't much fun for anyone. Hopefully that can all be buried when we return to Gloucester.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I think there's an equal amount of shouting from both sides of the fence and to be fair you do your best to sit on top of it. That is perfectly OK and your style of leadership, it may get the best results. Before you took over trust and club relations couldn't have been much worse so it's a result to have two seats on the management board. Those that are disillusioned aren't going to suddenly come on board, it's a gradual process of hearts and minds.

Never a truer phrase than "you can't please everybody"
    Agree entirely, Dave as chairman of the ST doesn’t need to be on here every two minutes extolling the virtues of what he and their board do behind the scenes. They are not Company people or puppets of the board of directors .
    You stay Dave, your too nice a guy.one day the snipers will run out of ammunition.
    As Roxette once sang ...join the joy ride..

Quote Originally Posted by Pims manager again View Post
    Agree entirely, Dave as chairman of the ST doesn’t need to be on here every two minutes extolling the virtues of what he and their board do behind the scenes. They are not Company people or puppets of the board of directors .
    You stay Dave, your too nice a guy.one day the snipers will run out of ammunition.
    As Roxette once sang ...join the joy ride..
    Seconded

I am open minded about Rowe. I prefer someone to have experience, but then everyone has to start somewhere I guess. What does concern me is that he was clearly lined up so exactly how much thought went into the manger? Why was he chosen as the one out of all the other possibilities? It still worries me we are trying to run before we can walk. It is like everything has to be a rush and we aren't even home yet. I wonder if Alex realises how alienated he has made quite a few hardcore fans with the decisions he has made. Fans who have helped keep this club going whilst we haven't been playing in Gloucester. I suspect he doesn't care which I find quite worrying as without fans you don't have a club.

You should support the club/your home City and not who is in charge!

Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    You should support the club/your home City and not who is in charge!
    I am more of this view, but at the same time I can fully understand why others find it very hard to want to keep going to watch the club. I think when/if the ground gets built then that will certainly help matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy. View Post
    Ian, sent. Please entitle the email as 'Steam train registration numbers' as this is a family email address so I need to throw the others off the scent. Mrs. S will be asking questions, and the tiddlers will resent me spending their inheritance
    Predictably I have not only completely forgotten to be bring the forms, but I have also forgotten to fill them in. Which is really unlike me as I am probably the most organised person you'll ever meet. Its like an OCD for me, both a blessing and a curse. It great when you can demonstrate to the taxman through the medium of paper filing systems that he owes you £400, but less enjoyable when you feel obliged to hang all your clothes in alphabetical order.

You needn't worry though Ian as I will definitely get these done and post them but just in case you forget please could you set an alarm on your phone to alert you every three days, do you reckon that's a reasonable number, and give me a gentle nudge in case?