Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Curzon Ashton home

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    Great to have you back on the tannoy today and YES..Fab was on fire today...Sshhh
    Darren over to u.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    Darren over to u.
    Well didn't see anyone else volunteering to do it so next time I just wont bother.

Poor first half. Not sure what Bradley-Hurst was doing for the first goal but he shouldn't be beaten there. For a small lad he seems to stand a fair distance away from his line for a lot of the game. Much better second half at least, a very strong diving save at the end too. But I'll be honest, he worries me a tad.

Equaliser from Spence was a bit of a tap in, the shot was probably going in from Fabien anyway tbh. Tremendous save from the Curzon keeper from Hanks also. I'd love to know what was in his bottle though, seemed a lot stronger than water! He was off his head lol.

Second half we were far better, dominating long periods of the match. Marlon took his goal very well, great finish. But he seemed quite isolated playing upfront on his own.

We almost nicked it in the dying minutes when a Robert curling shot flew just wide of the post. I disagree about the ref, thought he was very over officious and whistle happy.

Not a bad point all things considered, but things still to work on. Conceding early goals has to stop. It's getting ridiculous. Also surprised Hanks was named MOM, had a good game but Robert and Russe were both better in my opinion.

Please do.

It was much appreciated.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Very poor crowd today as expected what with the weather and playing at Evesham still managed to fill the bench today and steal a point

How far is Jeacock off returning? Is Harvey Smith still with us?

We played well in patches today and could have won it in the end. But we won't win many games if we give away 2 poor goals, and we'll keep giving away poor goals with Bradley-Hurst in goal. His positioning and distribution are erratic, and we were lucky to only concede twice. I'm sure he's a nice kid and will have a good future in the game but he's just not ready yet.

Impressed by Hodges and Russe defensively. Class finish by Marlon too. Fab had his best game for a while (although didn't track his man for the first goal) so hopefully he keeps improving but to full strength. Jake Jackson made a positive difference when he came on too.

Good job by Charlie on tannoy as always. Classless and needless digging at volunteers by others who don't volunteer though, but if that's how they choose to enjoy themselves then good for them .

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    We played well in patches today and could have won it in the end. But we won't win many games if we give away 2 poor goals, and we'll keep giving away poor goals with Bradley-Hurst in goal. His positioning and distribution are erratic, and we were lucky to only concede twice. I'm sure he's a nice kid and will have a good future in the game but he's just not ready yet.

Impressed by Hodges and Russe defensively. Class finish by Marlon too. Fab had his best game for a while (although didn't track his man for the first goal) so hopefully he keeps improving but to full strength. Jake Jackson made a positive difference when he came on too.

Good job by Charlie on tannoy as always. Classless and needless digging at volunteers by others who don't volunteer though, but if that's how they choose to enjoy themselves then good for them .
    If the last paragraph of your post is a dig at me then your very much in the wrong!! It was merely a post aimed at thanking Charlie for being back in the tannoy nothing more nothing less, Think you read to much into things. Enjoy your evening.
    Last edited by Ray Tango; 03-11-19 at 02:01 AM.

It clearly wasn't but well done you have stopped someone from volunteering ever again so you must be proud. Just bizarre why you would want to have a go at someone who was trying to help the club out on what is a rare chance to actually go and watch a game. Would have been much easier for me to not say anything and just enjoy watching the game instead, but I wanted to help out so I did. So continue to abuse people who are prepared to help out the club and see where that leaves us.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    It clearly wasn't but well done you have stopped someone from volunteering ever again so you must be proud. Just bizarre why you would want to have a go at someone who was trying to help the club out on what is a rare chance to actually go and watch a game. Would have been much easier for me to not say anything and just enjoy watching the game instead, but I wanted to help out so I did. So continue to abuse people who are prepared to help out the club and see where that leaves us.
    No one is being abused are they?

Well done for volunteering btw itís a tough gig that one, I had a go last season and failed miserably...