Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Curzon Ashton home

Well I enjoyed that ,we never gave up and got a deserved point.
    My view on their goals ...great block by Sam only for the ball to spin in the air and the Curzon forward simply out muscled our diminutive keeper.
    Their second was poor old Spencer trying to clear deciding to put it into our own net..doh!
    My MOM was Fabien, class act with decent performances from our full backs .
    Marlon did what Marlon does best scoring a great one on one.
    Our keeper made a top draw save towards the end and his handling was excellent, shame he is a bit small.

Daz and Raymond I don’t agree with a lot of things that you two put on here but I would give the advice to stop your little rants to each other as they are not so much a difference of opinions more of a constant “ personal” dig at one another,the fact that you both follow the same team should be enough to at least be civil to each other, life is short and I sincerely hope that you can one day both stand together in the T-END and go mad to ( Let’s all have a disco)

Just a point regarding the early goals conceded. Ive had a look through FlashScores and 11 of our 32 conceded in the league have been on the 12th min or before.

If you take out just the goals from the 9th min or before wed be currently level on points with 2nd place with 28, and be 4th on GD. Makes you think.
    Last edited by MeadowClark; 03-11-19 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    Just a point regarding the early goals conceded. I’ve had a look through FlashScores and 11 of our 32 conceded in the league have been on the 12th min or before.

If you take out just the goals from the 9th min or before we’d be currently level on points with 2nd place with 28, and be 4th on GD. Makes you think.
    Crazy stat that. Makes you wonder what's causing us to concede so early and what we can do to stop it?

3.10pm Kick offs?
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    3.10pm Kick offs?
    Good plan

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Good plan
    Even better if you tell that to the opposition and still kick off at 3pm.

Going back to the points made about crowds when we go home though, we have a fair amount of people who either don't go now or play football on Saturday who will go more regularly when back. I've got no doubts the crowds will be much more healthier. The majority of these people are in their 30s and 40s however and remember the late 90s in a misty eyed way. It's lads aged between 14-25 ish that we may struggle to attract as no doubt a lot of them will have been tempted by either of the dark sides.

We just need to concentrate on getting back and then making the place a good atmosphere, something which I think it's fair to say we always had an edge on over Whaddon and the Lawn.

agree the T end was the envy not only of the dark side but also most clubs in our league

Agreed, I hope the club have decent prices for teenagers as I remember we used to ride down on our bikes and the entrance was 6 quid(25 years ago) and that was pretty much all of our paper round money gone!
    If we get kids through the gate and they will then feel its their team.