Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bradford PA

Fairly even game I thought especially in the first half which was pretty dire. 2nd half much better and we should have added to our one goal. They were a threat though and it was never entirely comfortable. Tough game next week, but our next home game should be another 3 points if Curzon carry on in their current form. Thought Harper was the right man of the match as he played really well. Robert was pretty quiet apart from one shot which went wide in the first half and added very little to the team today.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to Darren for covering today, know itís not easy trying to find someone last minute so Iím very grateful.

Not been feeling too well this week with a sore throat/headache so driving down from Uni wasnít top of my to do list. Part timer 😉
    Good work Darran

We deserved that win - we appear to be more street wise and able to grind out ugly wins. I totally agree with Darren’s summary of events. Cookie is also a wise old head - their back four were big lads ( who could play !) but were tiring so we brought on another quick forward (Zak) who gave them more problems- u can’t teach that.
    Not sure TMW’s pass ( Miss hit shot) which gave Hanksy a tap in was meant but I don’t care.

A special mention to Josh in goal who I thought was excellent ( mentioned my doubts earlier in the thread ) obviously a good shot stopper and also to Harvey Smith who looked very assured and had a very competent game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    I see we have signed young Harvey Smith from Bristol City to add defensive cover. Welcome to our club.
    Harvey is the cousin of Chris Burn's wife. #footballingfamilies

We could, probably should, have scored more. In the end it was about keeping a clean sheet ... Avo was immense today, when he's on his game there can't be many better centre backs in the National Leagues. A real leader.

I know your digging out Robert in an attempt to keep this argument with Easty going but it's getting tiresome now. To suggest he added nothing is ridiculous. He continually switched play enabling Parker and JMW to get behind the opposition defence, only Jennison was extremely poor in the first half. Thankfully he grew in confidence second half and it was a good move to keep him on the pitch as he improved a lot. Prior to the goal though I think he would have definitely been substituted first.

Thought it was a very good team perfomance with most of the team putting in good shifts to get the three points.

I knew weíd win this as Iíve missed every other win as well!

Jokes aside, good result and itís good to be looking up the table at the playoffs.

Wearing my more usual pessimistic face - we're only eleven points above the drop zone

Decent performance yesterday against a resurgent BPA side who were full of seasoned pros brought in by the new manager. Remember they had turned over Tim’s lot the week before. Bradford hoofed the ball out wide at every opportunity towards their two excellent young wingers who in all fairness gave Spence and Vinny a torrid time, but well done to our backs that in my opinion edged it and it was great to see young Vincent taking on their backs for his many mazy runs. Can’t make out the criticism towards Robert who at more of an inside left had more of the play than out wide and brought Marlon and Joey Parker into the game with some astute passes. Need to be a bit more ruthless with the final shot but enjoyed the game immensely and hey ho three points. Big shout out for Luke Russe who once against ran and harassed all game.