Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Spennymoor Coach Sat 26th October

Yes but still a bit of a spanking from a team where, in theory, we should have got at least a point. Need a win next weekend although we will be a bit 'short staffed' for a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Oldboy; 27-10-19 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    Oh evening, we all had homemade cake today on the coach traveling to watch our team, care to comment on the texture and the concisyency of such cakes?
    So tell us all how the game went then and what it means for the team going forward

Cookies post match interview says it was a bad day at the office- we seem to be having a few of those recently however if we win or draw half our games we will be safe.

What is it with conceding early goals this season.?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeglos View Post
    What is it with conceding early goals this season.?
    I've never known anything like it. I should be getting on us to concede early.

Early goals are easily explained. From the outset they attacked with ferocity while we stood off and allowed them space and opportunity which was brilliantly exploited by their 10 (Ramshaw) who played behind the striker and was given the freedom of the park. We barely got an effective tackle in throughout the first half. We quickly gave away what little possession we managed and unlike some of the other opponents we've faced their finishing was clinical. It was the sort of day when you realise what a good job Chris Knowles does in front of the defence, and the importance to the team structure and defensive organisation of Zach Jeacock.
    After the second goal their intensity dropped but we rarely had any effective attacks, too often Marlon, who worked his socks off, was left isolated. It was strange that with two wingers in the team the few crosses we did manage came from Spencer on the overlap. After that an injury to Harvey Smith and, especially the sendings off - the first of which being especially idiotic and avoidable - destroyed any remote chance of a come-back though Vinny battled away and thoroughly deserved his consolation goal. I only hope his injury, which was disgracefully ignored by the referee, was not as bad as initially feared.
    It will be interesting to see how our much depleted squad (3 suspended and various injuries) copes in what 3 weeks ago would have been seen as a routine looking home match against struggling Curzon.

Waiting for Easty's positive spin on things

Wasnt at the game yesterday but to be fair if anyone said we would be one point off the play-offs after 15 games then Im sure we would all have taken that (ok, weve played a couple of games extra on some teams but better than being one point off relegation).

Cookie performed a miracle at the end of last season so Im sure the injuries and suspensions will just be an inconvenience rather than a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatt View Post
    Wasn’t at the game yesterday but to be fair if anyone said we would be one point off the play-offs after 15 games then I’m sure we would all have taken that (ok, we’ve played a couple of games extra on some teams but better than being one point off relegation).

Cookie performed a miracle at the end of last season so I’m sure the injuries and suspensions will just be an inconvenience rather than a disaster.
    Don't get me wrong very happy with the fact I don't think we will be in a relegation battle this season as from what I have seen we are good enough to finish mid-table. The problem is though we are looking like we will be short on players in the coming weeks which is hardly ideal when we have a winnable game next weekend.

Get some more kids in on loan.