Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: BBC Website article

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    Would make on bar takings aswell and the fact that the stadium could be used 7 days a week is a logical business decision,as long as it makes profit that’s the main thing.
    The stadium is in such a better position ln terms of location than it was 12 years ago by luck more than judgment we would be stupid not to make the most of it.
    Your forgetting all the costs that go with it though. If it was that much of a cash cow every Non-League side would have done it by now.

  2. #22
    Pleased if we go down the 4G route for all the reasons mentioned above, except Darran's. Arousing news

    The other thing about 4G is that it means we can be back home sooner as if we are seeding or turfing the pitch it will have to settle for quite some time - typically pitches take about a year if you do it properly. This will be a shortcut.

    We play really well on Gs. Look at our record last year

  3. #23
    You're both right actually. Or both wrong which ever way you want to look at it.

    Tomorrow's scheduled match against Gloucester City at Arbour Park has been postponed.

    The pitch, spectator standing areas and pathways at the Arbour Park facility are currently covered in snow. With the forecast showing further snowfall later today, the decision has been taken after discussions with various parties to postpone the match in the interests of the safety of supporters getting to and from the ground.

  4. #24
    Shit, what's going on with the weather!

  5. #25
    Good to get some BBC coverage for the club. A nice article.

    I'm all for the 4G pitch personally (even if it seems an odd place to "announce" it to fans). Makes business sense, we get home quicker, less maintenance, no brainer really.

    Surprised to hear the ground will be made of shipping containers from The Docks (not least because I've never seen any shipping containers at The Docks!). Are they in the plans we've had passed?

    Good publicity for sure. We've had BBC coverage a few times during our exile though, so I hope the aims in this article definitely definitely do come true on time .

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Your forgetting all the costs that go with it though. If it was that much of a cash cow every Non-League side would have done it by now.
    No Iím not,obviously if the outgoing costs are higher than the income then itís not viable but neither of us have those figures, what im saying is that if the income is better than the outgoings then itís worth doing.
    The difference between us and other clubs is we are starting from 0 so we would not be getting rid of a perfect grass pitch to put a 4G one down ,Grass pitches I would imagine have higher Mantienence costs that artificial long term ( equipment, Groundsmen etc) If it helps make the club viable in the future itís a good move imo.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Good to get some BBC coverage for the club. A nice article.

    I'm all for the 4G pitch personally (even if it seems an odd place to "announce" it to fans). Makes business sense, we get home quicker, less maintenance, no brainer really.

    Surprised to hear the ground will be made of shipping containers from The Docks (not least because I've never seen any shipping containers at The Docks!). Are they in the plans we've had passed?

    Good publicity for sure. We've had BBC coverage a few times during our exile though, so I hope the aims in this article definitely definitely do come true on time .
    The containers will definitely make us unique!

  8. #28
    Wonder if people will have the same view when having to actually watch a game of football on it week in week out. It just isn't proper football to me and they should never have been allowed in the first place.

  9. #29
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,714
    So Darran, what is your view of 3G pitches?

    I'm struggling to decipher it from your rather cryptic posts?
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Wonder if people will have the same view when having to actually watch a game of football on it week in week out. It just isn't proper football to me and they should never have been allowed in the first place.
    No doubt Rangers fans will agree after their Europa League defeat on artificial turf last night. Personally I generally enjoy watching games on 3G ( never knowingly seen 4G, which seems to differ from 3G in not having rubber crumb but presume it would be ok with the League). As others have remarked City had a season saving 100% record on 3g last campaign: Dulwich, Oxford, Dorking (Cup), Slough, Eastbourne... It'd be interesting getting the players' views.
    With climate change and financial pressure from clubs surely the Football League will eventually get round to bowing to the inevitable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •