Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC Website article

So we are getting a 4g pitch?

You don't look a day over 39 Dave

About time we got some publicity Iím fed up of reading about organic land mowers from our neighbors!
    The 4G thing is a mistake no?

Alex said he had hoped to get a 4G pitch a few weeks ago, may be it looks like it will happen, believe we are finally going home!

It is a massive shame we are going down the 3G route and it does slightly ruin the prospect of going home for me.

Never seen one played on,Do they need less care than a grass pitch? I guess it can be rented out during the week so thatís a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    Never seen one played on,Do they need less care than a grass pitch? I guess it can be rented out during the week so that’s a positive.
    As mentioned on here before they aren't the cash cow people think they are. Yes they can be rented out, but that means you need to pay for staff as well as floodlights during the winter. I'm not sure how much care they need. The only positive for me is that it can be used to attract people to the club and they might then come and watch City. I hate watching football on a 3G pitch and its a shame they were ever allowed at this level of football.

IMO It may not be pure 'grass routes' football but an artificial pitch has lots of financial benefits. We can play and practise on the same pitch, saving us the hire of other facilities but more importantly the development squad and the ladies teams can use it as well. Plus it can be hired out for events, even on the morning of a match if required. I also believe it's less weather affected, giving us fewer postponements and evening catch up games.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    As mentioned on here before they aren't the cash cow people think they are. Yes they can be rented out, but that means you need to pay for staff as well as floodlights during the winter. I'm not sure how much care they need. The only positive for me is that it can be used to attract people to the club and they might then come and watch City. I hate watching football on a 3G pitch and its a shame they were ever allowed at this level of football.
    Until what level can it be used?
    There must be some more positive reasons because if not, why bother....