Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fa Cup Whitby 5 October

Agree 100% with Pims, apart from us gifting them their only two chances - what we did was gift the homer ref (he was from Sunderland - how is that a neutral ref?) the chances to award penalties, which he seized with obvious glee.

Am I correct in thinking that its usual in the FA Cup to have the same officials for the replay? If so, hell probably be even more biased in the replay after having to make that long trip on Monday.

Weve woken to torrential rain up here this morning - if it had happened yesterday I could see the match have being postponed or abandoned.

Agree 100% with Pims, apart from us gifting them their only two chances - what we did was gift the homer ref (he was from Sunderland - how is that a neutral ref?) the chances to award penalties, which he seized with obvious glee.

Am I correct in thinking that it’s usual in the FA Cup to have the same officials for the replay? If so, he’ll probably be even more biased in the replay after having to make that long trip on Monday.

We’ve woken to torrential rain up here this morning - if it had happened yesterday I could see the match have being postponed or abandoned.

Good job pulling them back here for a replay. Sounded like a tough slog. If we play to the best of our abilities on Monday we should progress.

I assume no one filmed any highlights? Long way to go to watch a match through a camera/phone.

Talking to their directors or whoever they were in Whitby suits before the game the last thing they wanted was a replay. Especially if it was a Monday night, moaning like anything that we were shouldn’t be in the North when we were only “up the road from Exeter” said one of them ������

For some reason half of my thread never arrived hence..
    A very poor challenge on Chris Knowles meant he had to be substituted by to my surprise Jenno when Fabien would have been my automatic choice.he went on to be the Whitby’s MOM! Not mine by any means as IMO the whole team were having a bad day at the office.
    It was only some resolute play got us a result.
    As an aside it was great to see one of our new directors Steve Harvey shake all the travelling supporters by the hand as we got back on the coach for the return journey, as fair play the team did at the end of the game.
    I love this Club.

Quote Originally Posted by drbob View Post
    We’ve woken to torrential rain up here this morning - if it had happened yesterday I could see the match have being postponed or abandoned.
    Just got back from Whitby - only five hours including a stop.

For Neil's benefit - we spent yesterday riding the NYMR.

Good news about the draw - only another banana skin like Whitby, but at least it's at 'home'.

Talking of torrential rain, I gather it's rained down here for most of the weekend - is the pitch playable? - is there a pitch inspection?
    Last edited by drbob; 07-10-19 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drbob View Post
    is there a pitch inspection?
    There was one at 9:30 and another at 12:15 and I'm advised that it passed.

game on Dr Bob

Thanks - see you later

Pitch looks remarkably well and the Whitby team coach has only just arrived