Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Is this Gloucestershire?

  1. #1

    Is this Gloucestershire?

    Not sure if I've got the latest version of their webpage as apart from a couple of Forest Green articles the only football I can find is Cheltenham Town. Dozens of stories from every angle, including ex players, fans thoughts, the Ladies team, even Judas Eaton. Nothing about City or any of the teams playing in the FA Cup yesterday despite lots of local interest but a story about Witcombe Cider Festival?

    Either I'm wrong or what's going on!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandy. View Post
    Not sure if I've got the latest version of their webpage as apart from a couple of Forest Green articles the only football I can find is Cheltenham Town. Dozens of stories from every angle, including ex players, fans thoughts, the Ladies team, even Judas Eaton. Nothing about City or any of the teams playing in the FA Cup yesterday despite lots of local interest but a story about Witcombe Cider Festival?

    Either I'm wrong or what's going on!
    Because no one buys papers any more, they have one sports writer who covers everything. As much as I’m sure they want to give fair coverage to everyone, I suspect the harsh reality is that no one clicks on Gloucester City stories.

    Worth noting too that the club don’t currently appear to have a press officer.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    1,107
    Plenty of time to copy and paste stories from outside of Gloucestershire though

  4. #4
    Im sure the fact that John Palmer is an avid Cheltenham supporter probably influences it,
    Imagine Daveangel in the same position as him, I’m sure this very same thread would e on the
    Knest but in reverse!
    Maybe there just saving their coverage for some hopefully big breaking news this month....

  5. #5
    Gloucestershire Live are down to just Rob working full-time, and as such there's limited output from them. They've also got their targets for clicks which is why Cheltenham are mentioned in just about every story whereas we're only ever a small sentence at the bottom of stories. I'd also imagine that's why we had the story about turning hybrid/full-time, to try and generate some sort of story from them

    We've got Radio Gloucestershire who quite frankly don't give a toss about us, never have and never will; Gloucestershire Live try with the limited resources they've got, but they also do a fantastic job of alienating our fans with the constant Cheltenham plugging into every story.

    It's why we should be even more grateful for having Severn Sport who are willing to cover the club and constantly put us out there, Kelsey and Butler do an incredible job covering Gloucestershire football.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Gloucestershire Live are down to just Rob working full-time, and as such there's limited output from them. They've also got their targets for clicks which is why Cheltenham are mentioned in just about every story whereas we're only ever a small sentence at the bottom of stories. I'd also imagine that's why we had the story about turning hybrid/full-time, to try and generate some sort of story from them

    We've got Radio Gloucestershire who quite frankly don't give a toss about us, never have and never will; Gloucestershire Live try with the limited resources they've got, but they also do a fantastic job of alienating our fans with the constant Cheltenham plugging into every story.

    It's why we should be even more grateful for having Severn Sport who are willing to cover the club and constantly put us out there, Kelsey and Butler do an incredible job covering Gloucestershire football.
    Wasn’t it always seven sport that used too have commentary on our games years ago?
    The radio station that had there offices in east gate street parking ( Severn sound I think) are they the same people?
    I agree about Severn sport, I keep up with Football in Gloucester vía them mostly theses days.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    Wasn’t it always seven sport that used too have commentary on our games years ago?
    The radio station that had there offices in east gate street parking ( Severn sound I think) are they the same people?
    I agree about Severn sport, I keep up with Football in Gloucester vía them mostly theses days.
    Correct it was them, they then branched out to cover the whole county.

    And nope, they’ve got nothing to do with Severn Sound, S Sport is its own thing.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Gloucestershire Live are down to just Rob working full-time, and as such there's limited output from them. They've also got their targets for clicks which is why Cheltenham are mentioned in just about every story whereas we're only ever a small sentence at the bottom of stories. I'd also imagine that's why we had the story about turning hybrid/full-time, to try and generate some sort of story from them

    We've got Radio Gloucestershire who quite frankly don't give a toss about us, never have and never will; Gloucestershire Live try with the limited resources they've got, but they also do a fantastic job of alienating our fans with the constant Cheltenham plugging into every story.

    It's why we should be even more grateful for having Severn Sport who are willing to cover the club and constantly put us out there, Kelsey and Butler do an incredible job covering Gloucestershire football.
    Probably prior to your conception Charlie, Radio Glos used to have decent coverage of us. When Cheltenham and City were neck and neck, we’d get decent coverage and the late brother of a certain someone on this forum used to cover City. We’d get live commentary, interviews pre and post match and be part of a phone in too. Would always have it on in the car whilst queueing to leave Meadow Park.

    Then Cheltenham rocketed above us, Forest Green swiftly became the second highest ranked club in the County and amid budget cuts, the words ‘Gloucester City’ were rarely mentioned on 104.7fm and 1413 LW (can’t remember the other frequencies you can access it!).

    One of my favourite calls I heard was following our FA Trophy defeat to Stevenage in 97/98ish I think. Stevenage were well known for some shady tactics and that tie was no different as ‘Boro took us to the sword. The caller, furious at the defeat and Stevenage manager, advised ‘their manger should change his name from Paul Fairclough to Paul ‘Unfairclough’. I’m presuming that caller ended up in stand up comedy filling the Albert Hall.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Van Der Floof View Post
    Plenty of time to copy and paste stories from outside of Gloucestershire though
    City play outside Gloucestershire though? By that logic we should’nt get any coverage at all.
    Last edited by Tigermatty; 09-09-19 at 07:24 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    Im sure the fact that John Palmer is an avid Cheltenham supporter probably influences it,
    Imagine Daveangel in the same position as him, I’m sure this very same thread would e on the
    Knest but in reverse!
    Maybe there just saving their coverage for some hopefully big breaking news this month....
    Jon Palmer doesn’t work there any more

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •