Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darlington home

The Shire are more of a County Championship team Charlie

Entertaining game and great to get the three points.

Harper was fantastic again and I was impressed with Harrison at the back.

Fab looked up for it today and Joey P caused their right back problems whenever the ball reached him.

Joe Hanks looks like hes going to score whenever hes around the area. Maybe he should start shooting straight from kick off!

Quote from a Darlo fan on their forum

“Two fairly average sides. Didn't think they offered a lot going forward. Their left winger was threatening, decent player, but certainly helped by the fact that Holness isn't a natural right back. Often caught out of position but I thought his work rate throughout the game was good. Their left back was probably their best player, kept quiet whichever of Thompson or Rivers was on his side”

Wouldn’t say we were average. Thought we played well today and creates a number of good chance to scores aside from Hanksy’s two. Got a lot of joy down both flanks
    Last edited by Eric Van Der Floof; 08-09-19 at 10:46 AM.

Entertaining game, both sides playing some good stuff. The improved surface at Evesham helps and the almost complete absence of wind was an unusual bonus! Unfair to pick out individuals as it was a proper team performance with each of the subs playing their part as well. However must give a shout out to Luke Russe. His workrate and stamina are phenomenal and please Bristol Rovers, can we extend his loan? One slight moan: our corners. I think we overdo the surprises. Tom Harrison looks to me like he's a bit taller than Sam and Spence - must be worth a few traditional crosses from time to time.
    Off topic a great win in the Cup for Cinderford after being 3-2 down mid way through the second half. 2nd round draw presumably tomorrow (Monday)?

Great fighting spirit and a real determination to win. FA cup draw about 1pm today, Truro away??

That’s some awful commentary. And how the hell they mixed up Sam and Fab I’ll never know

Decent highlights. It's a shame we don't do them anymore.