Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darlington home

Darlington home

Well done City- worked hard for that could have and maybe should have been better than 2-1 but I will take it.

Was at the end Darlo attacked second half and thought our two newest loanees acquitted themselves very well in an entertaining game

Played some lovely stuff today. Could have been more and back to only 3 points off the top 6.

Decent crowd again, and with groundwork being able to start in earnest once the funding is confirmed in the next 3 weeks, it's a good time to be a City fan!

Weekends are always better after 3 points.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Well I enjoyed that, bit of pressure on from the debacle at Telford, Darlington a decent football team came through with a bit to spare.
    100% commitment by all, pick of the bunch Hanks, Parker,Josh Thomas ,and our temporary custodian the keeper.played in great spirit by both sides and supporters ( their better up north)
    Fabien played to his strengths with Sam forming a decent partnership with our loanee.
    Great to see Zac and Jennison come off the bench and make a meaningful contribution.
    Happy days.

Yep a good display and a welcome 3 points. Darlo had plenty of players out, we of course missed several notable names too, but these are the kinda games where we need to make the most of these situations so glad we did.

Joe Parker and Fabien in particular continually caused their defence problems and Joe Hanks is scoring for fun. With 2 out of the 3 missing hopefully back for Kings Lynn and Myrie-Williams finally back hopefully we can start pushing onwards.

Darlo had a lot of players missing which is why I can't understand why we were 2/1 to win the game. Going to Kings Lynn will be tough given the start they have had, but having a week off should help us as I think we have struggled away because they are the games that have come up quickly off the back of a home game on a Saturday. When you are missing players that is always going to be a hindrance.

Agree with all the above a much welcome confidence boost 3 points

I noticed Fab enjoyed #FabsFrenchCorner and a highlight of mine was seeing 2 young Dario lads no more than 8-9 walking round carrying a pint of lager each in the first half...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    Agree with all the above a much welcome confidence boost 3 points

I noticed Fab enjoyed #FabsFrenchCorner and a highlight of mine was seeing 2 young Dario lads no more than 8-9 walking round carrying a pint of lager each in the first half...
    Great supporters,good drinkers ( they start early up north&#128514

Agreed with the above, but again we didn't manage to keep the lead for long after we scored.

Two good goals by Hanksy (ably assisted by a Darlo deflection for the second) and good effort all round.

Moves us up to thirteenth level on points with Southport, but with a goal difference seven worse than them.

Cracking result. A very hard fought win against a side who I feel could be up higher up the table as individually they had a lot of decent players.

Good result in the County matches too, see Gloucestershire at Finals Da.... oh