Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wealdstone (H) - Match thread

Steve Crouch
    Ref ok but loved himself. Missed too blatant corners for us and messed up with when to play advantage and when not to. Not sure what to think, don't know how good Wealdstone are. Thought our best spell was after our first goal, some confidence returned and we started to knock it around well. All very nervous and I expect us to concede every time the opposition break. Could do with a game where Harris is not at fault for a goal. Currently we need to score at least 3 to win. Progress though, next step is for a forward or midfielder to score.

Steve Crouch
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Goals here : Take a look at Stones Goals Live (@StonesGoals): https://twitter.com/StonesGoals?s=09
    How good is that getting the goals up straight away, even managed to get themselves blocked by Billericay as well!

Better.
    Cundy and Keiron immense,
    Our GK ..oh dear what was he doing for the first?..the second not much better.TH he may have been our first pre season signing but needs to be the first out of the door.sorry that's the way I see it having watched all pre season friendlies and Chelmsford away.
    Still I hope I am proved wrong.Weston under the mud here we come.

Steve Crouch
    Tim has sent better GK than him packing before - Greener for one and I would swap him for Greener tomorrow
    Everyone has off games but not every game!
    Alex Harris looks like a rabbit in the headlights at times, is a ditherer and it creates panic in the defence - they have no confidence in him either you can sense it
    Tim will move him on - its not if but when...

Kenny Howard
    I thought we were OK yesterday and no need to panic in terms of league position this early on. I'm sure Morf is surprised to be starting and with him Mullings and Webb playing I was expecting Boris to be in the dugout.

Need a striker and new GK as soon as possible really. There was another moment with Harris where he just passed it to Benyon, but luckily our defence were close enough to get him out of jail.

I always thought that Chris Evans made himself a (highly paid) martyr when he took on the role of presenting Top Gear after Jeremy Clarkson was sacked. No-one seemed to like the new guy. No-one ever seems to like the new guy.

It was always going to be a tough job following Jas.

I was hoping we'd sign Steve Mildenhall after he'd been with us coaching last season. He's 38 now and if he'd had a shit year so be it but Alex Harris is at the other end of his career and he's not winning many fans here.

I do like a decent opposition forum with a good match thread for us to read

http://www.wealdstonefc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10610

Blimey, they're a happy bunch.

Photos https://www.flickr.com/photos/tigeri...57685068123590

Some decent ones in there. I really like using Bredon Hill as a backdrop, makes a change from the empty stand at Whaddon or some ugly metal structure at a northern hell hole.

Jorge Ferro
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I always thought that Chris Evans made himself a (highly paid) martyr when he took on the role of presenting Top Gear after Jeremy Clarkson was sacked. No-one seemed to like the new guy. No-one ever seems to like the new guy.

It was always going to be a tough job following Jas.
    I agree there are similarities - they both try too hard and don't know what to do when things are going wrong.

Matt Le Blanc started off as the number two and now seems to be making a good job of Top Gear. Perhaps it's time to give the understudy a try?
    Last edited by drbob; 08-13-2017 at 01:06 PM.