Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: York at home

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Not sure mate. Maybe it was an off day, but York were nothing special. We deserved something today. We played well, and with a full defence or attack we'd have a point at least.
    York were missing a couple of key players, indeed one of their fans warned me about that fact when I tipped them up to win today, and for as much as we hate Evesham I'm sure the big teams do as well. York are a short price to win the league and I'm even more confident of them doing so than I was before the season started. They will be in the play-offs at the very least and also we could end up going back to the South. Taking all that into account I would say its odds on we won't be playing them next season at this stage. Also who would have thought Woking would have been top of the National League after 8 games given their two performances against us last season.

Like those on here, after yesterdays performance my glass is half full. This is in my opinion a harder league to be in than last years and thankfully we have improved the team. We played well yesterday and deserved a point, a good sign of that was the York fans getting agitated with their team towards the end. Good following from York helped to swell the coffers, so much better than the two men and a dog support from the teams down sarf.

Decent performance yesterday and maybe could have taken a point, I thought they would run riot after an early goal but City did well to come back into it and keep their front players quiet (their 11 I thought was superb). Cracking hit from Joe Hanks as well, another contender for goal of the season maybe......

Quote Originally Posted by South bound View Post
    Cracking hit from Joe Hanks as well, another contender for goal of the season maybe......
    Match report on York’s website had a different view calling it a freak goal. I think the highlights will show them that they are definitely wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    Good performance today, let ourselves down with some sloppy defending for the goals. It was a good fight against a top side and they’ll feel lucky tonight to come away with all 3 points.
    Agree with you there Paul city played well but York are a good side and we couldn't match them in the air with their high crosses. I sat in the stand which was taken over by Yorkie fans and the chap directly behind me was doing the running commentary for York radio,Not only did I have to watch it but also listen to it, I moved at halftime.

Both teams missing their centre back and captain and arguably their best forward. We've still not seen Myrie-Williams yet either of course.

We started off slow again and this is something we really need to work on, likewise some of the silly passing out from the back. York scored a relatively easy goal, but we hit back with an absolute beaut from Joe Hanks and then Jake Jackson with a 5 yard poke put us infront. York equalised pretty soon afterwards, poor defending from us again. Wind really played havoc for a lot of the first half.

After the break again we conceded early. Almost a carbon copy of York's first. They controlled the first twenty mins or so of the 2nd half but we found a way back in again and really pushed for a equaliser. Ref kinda lost control of the game for both sides however.

All in all, with a first 11 I think we'll certainly surprise a fair few in this divison. As for York, defensively they are pretty huge and looked very organised. Wasn't at Chester so can't comment on them but nobody has looked unstoppable yet from what we've played, will be tough to see another winner right now though as York are picking up results with key players out for the last few weeks.

Is anyone else having trouble making the highlight video full screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble making the highlight video full screen?
    Works in full screen for me.

York are now best price 19/10 to win the league although most are 5/4 and 11/10. So if there was to win promotion odds they would be odds on and that wouldn't even add in the fact we may go South.

Also was the crowd figure right in the paper today as it seems very low.

Crowd definitely not 342 as NLP says. Was in region of 650 and would say 300+ from York