Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Hereford

Some great responses on Twitter from fans of his recent clubs. Hereford fans seem happy as obviously he is a big name for the level.

Looking through my "gull" lens there's no doubt that despite only being at Brighton for a few months Slade is one of our most revered managers. However that was about avoiding what had looked like certain relegation and weeding out overpaid dross rather than winning anything. Expect departures from the Hereford squad.
    Last edited by CityGull; 29-08-19 at 11:35 PM.

Wealth of experience,unlike Richards.
    I remember him being at Layton orient for like 10 years and that was about 20 years ago,decent appointment on paper, time will tell.

Has experience although lack of non-league experience which always concerns me. Can't have been cheap to have got someone like him though and certainly very different from Ricco.

Wonder if he’ll try and get the match against us called off again...

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    Wealth of experience,unlike Richards.
    I remember him being at Layton orient for like 10 years and that was about 20 years ago,decent appointment on paper, time will tell.
    He was manager of Orient between 2010 and 2014 - took them to the playoff final in 2014 but lost on pens to Rotherham. He was also manager of Grimsby in our 2006 playoff win.

On both occasions he left the club almost immediately after said defeats to join clubs in higher divisions (Yeovil in 06 and Cardiff in 2014). Both times there were rumours that he'd already agreed said deals and had taken his eye off the ball for the relevant playoff finals. The 06 one in particular the Grimsby team certainly weren't the same team that had earned the most comfortable 1-0 win over us a couple of months before.

He's been a disaster in all of his last few jobs, Coventry and Grimsby fans in particular can't stand him.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Robin View Post
    He was manager of Orient between 2010 and 2014 - took them to the playoff final in 2014 but lost on pens to Rotherham. He was also manager of Grimsby in our 2006 playoff win.

On both occasions he left the club almost immediately after said defeats to join clubs in higher divisions (Yeovil in 06 and Cardiff in 2014). Both times there were rumours that he'd already agreed said deals and had taken his eye off the ball for the relevant playoff finals. The 06 one in particular the Grimsby team certainly weren't the same team that had earned the most comfortable 1-0 win over us a couple of months before.

He's been a disaster in all of his last few jobs, Coventry and Grimsby fans in particular can't stand him.
    I would say he’s had a good career from being mediocre and jumped ship on the back of the odd good season.

I think you guys have got the next Steve cotterill in Michael Duff, if given time I think he will do well as seems to know his football.
    Hopefully I’m wrong though 😀

Quote Originally Posted by CityGull View Post
    Looking through my "gull" lens there's no doubt that despite only being at Brighton for a few months Slade is one of our most revered managers. However that was about avoiding what had looked like certain relegation and weeding out overpaid dross rather than winning anything. Expect departures from the Hereford squad.
    I thought you were Torquay?!!!!