Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hereford

A 1500 plus crowd must have brought in about £15,000 into the coffers even if u take away about £5,000 for stewarding still a good night monetarily ( apart from the result) .

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    We live in an age where every little pop up shop and market stall can take contactless card payment, no reason why it wouldn’t work at a turnstile
    That would be the ideal scenario. There was talks at one point of us looking at ways of bringing it in I think. Definitely something you’d hope to see at the new ground.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    Useful practice for when Liverpool visit Evesham in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.
    I can't see Evesham getting to the third round
    Last edited by redshift; 07-08-19 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Grammer

Quote Originally Posted by redshift View Post
    I can't see Evesham getting to the third round
    They'll knock us out in the 2nd ��
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

No we will be at the new W.H.L. for the 1/3 round and this will set up the club for the next half of the season

We live in an age where every little pop up shop and market stall can take contactless card payment, no reason why it wouldn’t work at a turnstile
    We do on ours. We use both iZettle and SumUp, which charge 1.75% and 1.69% respectively, which would equate to approximately a 22p charge on a £13 ticket.

And we get charged 1% when we deposit cash into the bank so it only ends up being 0.69% or 0.75% for card if you look at it from that angle. And you don’t then have to physically count, store and cash the money.

It would certainly lessen the need for an online booking system, although I do think that would be a nice option to have as well!

I went to watch Dulwich last night and this season they are taking card payments for the first time and they only have one turnstile now that takes cash. They looked to have a computer like till where they put in what tickets you wanted to get and then you paid for them. Still took ages getting into the ground, although we wouldn't have that issue. The fact they had massive gig like tickets (they use See Tickets for online sales) didn't help as he had to rip off a ticket and then take a bit off the ticket as well which all seemed rather pointless and was probably the longest part of the transaction.

You want to go to an International match with that system, queue up the night before and still only see the last five minutes, pathetic!

Rico sacked by Hereford

Karma’s a bitch. Hopefully Mike Cook isn’t next to get the tap on the shoulder from Tim Harris during training
    Last edited by Tigermatty; 12-08-19 at 12:52 PM.

Feel sorry for Rico and Morf - genuine nice people, shame it didn't work out for them