Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hereford

We more than matched them and played some good football even with ten men. However, the indiscipline was poor, couldnít see what happened for the first but sounds like he gave the ref an opportunity to send him off, so reckless if so. And Fabianís was poor decision making, no need to lunge in and stretch for the ball there. What on earth he was doing on the way off I donít know but it was rather embarrassing.

Thought Kieran could have been sent off when he looked to do a two footed tackle in the middle of the pitch- but they got the free kick for that one!

Couldnít make it last night on hols with the grandkids however Mike Cooks post match interview refreshingly honest as ever. Lets get this type of result/performance out of the way early in the season. Bring on Altringham.
    Should have both players available for Saturday as it appears suspensions donít become active until 7 days after the match
    Last edited by Gladfans; 07-08-19 at 08:08 AM.

Agree the ref was awful last night he was card happy, every 50-50 tackle he gave in Herefords favour when the worst tackles came from Kierons two footed lunges. He should have red carded the Hereford player when he sent off Jakes foul for the stamp on the Glos player.I for one will be glad to see the back of Evesham and that bloody stand where half the supporters was soaked after that first shower and with the road being closed overnight we didn't get home until after eleven.

Quote Originally Posted by young alfie View Post
    Agree the ref was awful last night he was card happy, every 50-50 tackle he gave in Herefords favour when the worst tackles came from Kierons two footed lunges. He should have red carded the Hereford player when he sent off Jakes foul for the stamp on the Glos player.I for one will be glad to see the back of Evesham and that bloody stand where half the supporters was soaked after that first shower and with the road being closed overnight we didn't get home until after eleven.
    That impromptu tour of Bishops Cleeve was a lovely surprise wasn't it!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Canít argue with any of the above, difficult to draw any conclusions about the relative strengths of the teams as it was uneven from the sending off. Having said that city were still in it until the second sending off, someone needs to have a word with Robert though because it looked like pure frustration and it pretty much ended the possibility of getting a draw

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    Just a point on the tickets, that was really good, itís always a pain going to the cash point before matches so it was great to just walk in and flash the ticket. If we could work out a way of bringing that in full time I wouldnít mind that at all.
    I didn't see it in action, but it seemed to work well.

Do you reckon people would be willing to pay an extra pound for the privilege though, as I think that's unavoidable?

Useful practice for when Liverpool visit Evesham in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Have to say, Hereford's number 6 at the back (Josh Gowling) was the best player on the pitch in my opinion. Looked very calm and assured. Decent player by the looks of it. But going forwards Hereford offered very little, Liburd did absolutely nothing until he was subbed. How many times did they try a nothing long ball over the top that ran out of play? Still cannot believe that Cullinane-Liburd managed to stay on the pitch after stamping Jackson and then pushing others over and that Thomas didn't even get spoken to after that two footed lunge. Ridiculous.

1,570 attendance, is that a record at Evesham's ground for a competitive fixture? Probably would have been 700 more if it was in Gloucester and I'd certainly argue that some of those decisions would have been dramatically different if it was....

Agree with many of the comments above, it would have been a totally different game if the ref was better! the game was to big for him and his officials

Liburd was holding on to Jackson, yes Jackson kicked out but then Liburd stamped on Jackson so that should have been a straight red and a booking for holding in to his leg

Kieron Thomas should have gone for a double footed tackle, ok it was after the whistle but the intent was their! also another Hereford player completed a deliberate handball (booking) then kicked the ball away so another booking, but he got nothing. Hereford was very poor for the budget they have and they will not go up this year. Agree their No 6 was a class act. The return game will be interesting.

Also on another note the Hereford crowd did not make any noise until they went 2-0 up after a very dubious penalty

All bodes will for the rest of the season

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    Do you reckon people would be willing to pay an extra pound for the privilege though, as I think that's unavoidable?
    Thatís my only question mark over it. If there was some way to get that reduced I think that people would use it regularly, but then whenever Iíve bought tickets for football games online there has usually been a booking fee so I guess itís part and parcel.

Quote Originally Posted by MeadowClark View Post
    Thatís my only question mark over it. If there was some way to get that reduced I think that people would use it regularly, but then whenever Iíve bought tickets for football games online there has usually been a booking fee so I guess itís part and parcel.
    We live in an age where every little pop up shop and market stall can take contactless card payment, no reason why it wouldnít work at a turnstile