Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeglos View Post
    I wonder if we were sure what league we were in, then maybe we might have played a local conference South Side. if you are trying to get a certain shape or style of play, probably not much to be gained from playing someone much better who will beat you. Pre season really is about fitness and trying players and things out, results mean little
    Sounds like common sense to me, no place on this forum for that! Cook out!

Was Jennison in the squad last night? Don't think he's featured since Slimbridge.

Quote Originally Posted by CityGull View Post
    Was Jennison in the squad last night? Don't think he's featured since Slimbridge.
    Yeah came on with about 15-20 mins to go

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    Sounds like common sense to me, no place on this forum for that! Cook out!
    Iíll get the Cook and Fab Out bedsheets sprayed and ready to go if we donít at least beat Blyth by 9 clear goals

In fairness Darran, being so close to the start of the season and it being a pre-season friendly, I should imagine both teams didn't want to get injured or injure each other, so neither would be going all out and just used the game to get their fitness up

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Nomad View Post
    In fairness Darran, being so close to the start of the season and it being a pre-season friendly, I should imagine both teams didn't want to get injured or injure each other, so neither would be going all out and just used the game to get their fitness up
    Went to the game at Wells, to be fair we should have scored 5, the Wells keeper pulled off three good saves and Marlon blasted over a harder effort than the one he scored earlier, he also got booked for hoofing the ball out of the ground later in frustration, Marlon is a big unit and will score 20+ goals for sure this season!
    Apart from picking the penalty out of the net our keeper didn't really need to make a save.
    I did see Fabien visibly pull out of a tackle he would have made we where playing it very safe, as said it was a non event game.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    Yeah came on with about 15-20 mins to go
    Ray T it wasn’t him that came on ( The Cleric has his name )

TMW is carrying an injury and was not risked ( his ankle was strapped at Fairford) .

That info from the City bench at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    Ray T it wasnít him that came on ( The Cleric has his name )

TMW is carrying an injury and was not risked ( his ankle was strapped at Fairford) .

That info from the City bench at half time.
    Aaah ok!!! So many newbies lately itís hard to keep track

You need to go on a course.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeglos View Post
    I wonder if we were sure what league we were in, then maybe we might have played a local conference South Side. if you are trying to get a certain shape or style of play, probably not much to be gained from playing someone much better who will beat you. Pre season really is about fitness and trying players and things out, results mean little
    I suggest there is little to gain from only playing weak sides though. Yes the results mean little, but good to have a test against some decent opposition. To have not even played a team from Step 3 is shocking really. Having said that Blyth haven't done much better although they do play an Aberdeen XI later today. That will be their 10th pre season friendly having started in June.