Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12 O'Clock

Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    ST in a word no. When u look at the games just before Cookie took over eg East Thurrock Away and the two WSM games we couldnít win an argument we were awful. The 7-1 result shows imo just how far we have come.
    Thatís what it looks like from a far, we played these teams last year and scraped a win vs Slimbridge and drew against Evesham if my memory serves me right,and I canít remember a pre season game last year scoring more than 2 goals...

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    That’s what it looks like from a far, we played these teams last year and scraped a win vs Slimbridge and drew against Evesham if my memory serves me right,and I can’t remember a pre season game last year scoring more than 2 goals...
    Apart from the 3-3 with Evesham and 4-2 win over Longlevens

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Van Der Floof View Post
    Apart from the 3-3 with Evesham and 4-2 win over Longlevens
    Looks like my memory let me down then!

Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    ST in a word no. When u look at the games just before Cookie took over eg East Thurrock Away and the two WSM games we couldnít win an argument we were awful. The 7-1 result shows imo just how far we have come.
    But Todd was in charge in then so you haven't answered his question. I wouldn't be using a pre-season friendly as a basis for anything especially against a team two leagues below us. How do you know they haven't got worse in that time?

I think I would be disappointed if I was the manager to hear doubt when we have banged in 11 goals in 2 games.shows his

The change that Mike Cook has made since taking over has been really heartening for City fans. The man is a coaching genius, his set up and system last year snatched us away from relegation and he appears to being laying out his blueprint for next season quite successfully. We are hitting the new season in good form, would be great to make a strong start.

Most important close signing for me was the gaffer. Followed by the Frenchman.

There weren't many familiar names in that Evesham team. Don't think they're as strong as they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    There weren't many familiar names in that Evesham team. Don't think they're as strong as they were.
    Youíre right Neil, youíre on a roll, they lost manager and talking to Evesham fan I used to work with he didnít recognise most of the team, but nonetheless the team is obviously gelling well. Iím not getting overexcited, but MC has worked wonders so far and we have confident strikers that are hitting the target.

As every website asks us: Accept Cookies 😁

That fount of all knowledge Bet Victor has us at 100-1 for the title. Obviously they side with the miseries on here who only sing when we're losing!

Quote Originally Posted by CityGull View Post
    That fount of all knowledge Bet Victor has us at 100-1 for the title. Obviously they side with the miseries on here who only sing when we're losing!
    To be fair its a very realistic quote because we won't be winning the league.

Or will we!?!?!? *.

* No.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.