Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aberystwyth

Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    Last 2 home games have been 2 wins scoring 7 goals, fortress?
    Are any of the new names like Bremner on trial or have they been signed on?
    Just seen on Twitter who they are, I make that plus 7 vs last years squad, hope MCcan get the best out of them.

Who was the 3rd guy on the touchline with Cooke?

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    Just seen on Twitter who they are, I make that plus 7 vs last years squad, hope MCcan get the best out of them.
    Some of the triallists look like they could do a job already. Shame that Joe Turley didn't manage to impress. Bet he has a stormer against us tomorrow! Generally we're still light in midfield specially when Joe (Hanks) has constabulary duties to perform.

Marc McGregor maybe? I've heard that he's joining the backroom staff.

(He was manager at Weston until March of this year)

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Marc McGregor maybe? I've heard that he's joining the backroom staff.

(He was manager at Weston until March of this year)
    He was at the Slimbridge game with AP.

I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but we've had a phenomenonal pre-season so far; we seem to have a decent squad and a decent manager, the club is making all the right moves it seems. I don't think we're going to win the league, but I think we can manage 10th or, maybe even the play offs (unlikely, but one can dream.) If we can keep our players and manager from being poached in a free for all for the season we will do better than we've done in years I reckon.

But then again I rarely know what I'm on about, so there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Nomad View Post
    I don't want to get ahead of myself here, but we've had a phenomenonal pre-season so far; we seem to have a decent squad and a decent manager, the club is making all the right moves it seems. I don't think we're going to win the league, but I think we can manage 10th or, maybe even the play offs (unlikely, but one can dream.) If we can keep our players and manager from being poached in a free for all for the season we will do better than we've done in years I reckon.

But then again I rarely know what I'm on about, so there is that.
    Playing the type of teams we are playing in pre-season compared to what we will face in the league is very different although at least we seem to be scoring goals.