Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: City on a Friday

And played tonight as well!

Pleasant evening resulting in a 1 -1 draw which Slimbridge deserved. First half our eleven was pretty strong missing only Hanks from what could be our line-up v Blyth. Leacock: King,Hamilton,Avery,AN Other:Thomas,Turley,Robert: Myrie-W,Jackson.Jackson. very flat back 4 and no real width up front. Lots of chances made but rarely managed a clean strike. Slimbridge had a canny and quick 9 who kept us honest at the back. Rash of second half substitutions including Kotwica. Marlon tucked away our goal following a decent move but we still seemed lethargic up front. Spencer and Avery made way for 2 youngsters one of whom immediately gave the ball away allowing Slimbridge a well taken equaliser. With more youngsters on we struggled to dominate and it was Slimbridge who finished stronger, forcing an excellent save from Leacock low to his right.
    Whoever came on as left back in the second half looked decent but the match emphasised how vulnerable we could be at the back, especially if Spence or Avo miss a few games. Debut outing for new red/yellow shirts. Thought they looked pretty good. Decent crowd, I think they announced 232. Friendly locals.

That's about right Citygull. I think we have the right personnel but need to find the right system. Seemed all the strikers and midfielders played through the middle with little width. Nicely taken goal by Marlon when we did carve out a chance.

Dan King and Bremner looked good at full back, but hard to say how they'd cope in Conference North.

Thanks to Slimbridge for hosting. Very friendly set up.

Agree with both of above. First half team not far off my starting eleven. Second half was mostly youngsters who didn’t disgrace themselves against tenacious opponents who I thought played well.