Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Noah Smerdon

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    The policy has just been clarified.

    I've done turnstile (or sold cash draw, or whatever) at nearly every game since we moved to Whaddon Rd, and I've always paid for entry, whether that's via a ST, or by paying on the gate.

    Almost every volunteer has done the same.

    That's why it's called volunteering.
    I must have misinterpreted then because I believe there was a specific reference to the impact of free entries on gate receipts. If most operators pay anyway then this must be a very small amount off the gate but still significant enough to warrant the change of policy.

    Hence why the logical conclusion was that the club was struggling financially.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    I must have misinterpreted then because I believe there was a specific reference to the impact of free entries on gate receipts. If most operators pay anyway then this must be a very small amount off the gate but still significant enough to warrant the change of policy.

    Hence why the logical conclusion was that the club was struggling financially.
    Can't make up your mind can you, one minute we've got the highest paid player in non league, the next you're suggesting we're struggling financially. This summer's transfer activity suggests there's plenty of money knocking about thanks to a certain 'odious' individual. Loadsa money!!!!

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Can't make up your mind can you, one minute we've got the highest paid player in non league, the next you're suggesting we're struggling financially. This summer's transfer activity suggests there's plenty of money knocking about thanks to a certain 'odious' individual. Loadsa money!!!!
    Now you can see why I was so confused, on the one hand there appears to be some incredibly miserly penny pinching going on (what with the over 60s concessions being changed too) and on the other hand the club/trust apparently has the money to pay sky high wages. Must be something Iím missing though, silly me.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    Now you can see why I was so confused, on the one hand there appears to be some incredibly miserly penny pinching going on (what with the over 60s concessions being changed too) and on the other hand the club/trust apparently has the money to pay sky high wages. Must be something Iím missing though, silly me.
    Trust? As you know Matt, the only 'wages' that have anything to do with the trust would be the community aspect, players giving their own time to coach. So not really following your point there.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Trust? As you know Matt, the only 'wages' that have anything to do with the trust would be the community aspect, players giving their own time to coach. So not really following your point there.
    Deary me I am having a bad day, of course youíre absolutely correct, no idea why I mentioned the trust!

  6. #16
    This silly bickering is annoying me, myself and most people over 60 are better off now than we have ever been. Mortgage paid, kids off their hands we have never had it so good. Last season when we were struggling to compete with other clubs no one asked for help and the trust didn't give much help I thought that's what we paid in for a better team and now we're getting it some people are still moaning.

  7. #17
    Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    Deary me I am having a bad day, of course you’re absolutely correct, no idea why I mentioned the trust!
    This is script writing of the highest order chaps!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    This is script writing of the highest order chaps!
    Sorry Dave?

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    This is script writing of the highest order chaps!
    Not sure what you mean, but the only great writing Iíve seen lately is from whoever's coming up with these brilliant anecdotes that now accompany every press release. Surely a book is in the offing.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by young alfie View Post
    when we were struggling to compete...the trust didn't give much help I thought that's what we paid in for a better team.
    Thatís not true, the Trust supported where it could and probably handed over all surplus cash. If donations were down itís because income dropped, with very few turning up to fundraising events.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •