Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noah Smerdon

Noah Smerdon

Transfer speculation stops after he joins Exeter City on a 2 year deal

http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/noah-joins-exeter/

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    Transfer speculation stops after he joins Exeter City on a 2 year deal

http://www.gloucestercityafc.com/noah-joins-exeter/
    Whats his story with City, he joined our youth team then went to West Brom then came back at U18 level? Did we receive any compensation the first time round? I understood that clubs received compensation for U23 players even if out of contract.
    Sounds like another common case of the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
    That said as a Gloucester lad hope he does well and pleases he has gone to a well run club who I have a soft spot for for family reasons.

I'm just glad he didn't go to FGR!

Pleased for him and hope its a good move but it is a shame we didn't get any money for it.

Whatever sum was involved will be peanuts for West Brom but could have made a real difference for us.

Were we given misinformation? Didn't they say he signed a contract when he turned eighteen?

I think he did have a contract until the end of the season but then it expired and the deal was made.

Good luck to Noah as we approach the Eve of the season, happy that City Adam. As the club says, not a case of jumping ark but progressing in what will hopefully be a good career for him.

Good luck to Noah. Class player. Will go far.

I too thought that players under 23 would command some sort of fee even if out of contract though?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Good luck to Noah. Class player. Will go far.

I too thought that players under 23 would command some sort of fee even if out of contract though?
    Just did a quick google search and it seems that clubs should receive compensation via tribunal for players U24 who are offered a new contract but reject it,however Iím guessing there was some agreement done with West brom before he came that they would receive any compensation which really means that Noahís contract had no value in respect to looking after an asset.
    Watch him go on and get a 2 million pounds move and we could have had a sell on clause😩

Shame the club didnít get a fee especially as times appear to be so hard that turnstile operators now have to pay for entry

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    Shame the club didn’t get a fee especially as times appear to be so hard that turnstile operators now have to pay for entry
    The policy has just been clarified.

I've done turnstile (or sold cash draw, or whatever) at nearly every game since we moved to Whaddon Rd, and I've always paid for entry, whether that's via a ST, or by paying on the gate.

Almost every volunteer has done the same.

That's why it's called volunteering.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.