Thread: Fairford

Fairford

Well what did you think. Marlon looked sharp as did Jennison MW. Quite impressed by Joe Turley to. Not disrespecting Fairford but not sure either of our trialist keepers had a shot to save.
    Last edited by Gladfans; 04-07-19 at 10:59 PM.

Pretty comfortable performance.
    Anyone know who our keepers were?

First half was Zach Jeacock, who is Birmingham City's U23 keeper.

Second half was Shaun Rowley, released from Shrewsbury and has played for Halifax and Tamworth recently.

Other players who made an appearance;

Theo Wharton (midfielder) - Was on Hereford's books last season and is a Kittitian International.

James Spruce (Midfielder/Forward) - Free agent after being released by Bristol Rovers. Former Welsh U-19 International

Thomas Handley (Defender) - Former Cheltenham Under 19's. Free agent

Ioan Richards (Defender) - Same as above

Taylor Marsh (Forward) - Released by FGR. Most recently at Shortwood

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    First half was Zach Jeacock, who is Birmingham City's U23 keeper.

Second half was Shaun Rowley, released from Shrewsbury and has played for Halifax and Tamworth recently.

Other players who made an appearance;

Theo Wharton (midfielder) - Was on Hereford's books last season and is a Kittitian International.

James Spruce (Midfielder/Forward) - Free agent after being released by Bristol Rovers. Former Welsh U-19 International

Thomas Handley (Defender) - Former Cheltenham Under 19's. Free agent

Ioan Richards (Defender) - Same as above

Taylor Marsh (Forward) - Released by FGR. Most recently at Shortwood
    Ioan Richards is spelt beginning with a capital i rather than an L, so he's not Loan, hence our difficulty in Googling him last night!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Standard of trialists shows our ambition too

agree Lee things look good 2 years ago we were getting trialist form the sunday league!

Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    agree Lee
    In that case I take it back

Theo Wharton didnít play according to Glos live, anyone watch the match to give feedback on the trialists?

First half keeper from Brum U23 was sound ( has an excellent write up on the Brum U23 website) also considered sound by the players so I am told. The lad from Bristol Rovers looked as if he can compete also Joe Turley didn’t look out of place.

Thanks for the info on the keepers!

In the first half I was stood by our dugout and it was really interesting to hear Cookie talking and coaching the players through the game. I think I learnt more about playing football in those 45 minutes stood close to Cookie than I have in the last 20 years!