Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ins & Outs

Quote Originally Posted by CityGull View Post
    Clucking bell. Oxford not just close but plastic pitch too. Very few in NLN?
    Don't think there are any at the moment.

I'll have to remove Oxford and add Gateshead then!

Well Gateshead is a total mess. Their official Twitter account is still tweeting but fans are saying its no longer the club's official account. They still have financial debts to settle yet are insisting they are going to remain full time! Are they still Gateshead FC or Gateshead "Soul"? I have no idea.

They are very fortunate to keep their National League status franky, regardless of a demotion.

To add further to the confusion in today's NLP it becomes clear that they aren't actually certain to be playing NLN football next season as they still have hoops to jump including where they are actually going to play. From a selfish point of view if they fail to make it then it would mean one less long away trip and of course only one team would be relegated.

Blyth have added six players, however 5 of them have come from Newcastle Benfield of the Northern League (equivalent of Hellenic Prem), who finished 10th in that divison. You'd arguably say that league is higher in quality than say the Hellenic, due to it's history of not bothering to accept promotion and the subsequent success of those that actually did like South Shields and Morpeth. However it probably show's what Blyth have available there right now.

And now they've lost 25 goal striker Dan Maguire to York. Not that it'll matter a jot with the bookies, we'll always be bottom to them, but for people that actually follow the league surely they are relegation favs now along with Kettering?

I think you will find the bookies are never far from the mark. Favourites for promotion and relegation are priced up for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    And now they've lost 25 goal striker Dan Maguire to York. Not that it'll matter a jot with the bookies, we'll always be bottom to them, but for people that actually follow the league surely they are relegation favs now along with Kettering?
    Does anyone actually price up the odds of teams being relegated?
    It's a totally different market from being rated the least likely to win it.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Oh yes but not for the NLN. Would be interesting if they did.

I meant for the NLN.

If our relegation odds were reflective of our price to win the league, I'd be very tempted to have a flutter.

Especially as Cookie continues to assemble his squad.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.