Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No ground updates until September

Activate city supporter!!!

It was always stated that after NY we would be on a monthly contract at Evesham,so it was never Guaranteed we would be home for the NY.
    The fact that people are now complaining that we might be home a few months later than planned shows how much closer we our than the last 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I was contacted by a club official and felt obliged to change the wording
    What did it originally say?

I have never thought we'd be back next season, apart from the funding and building works the pitch needs to be created and settle for the best part of a year.

I'm with those who don't like the tone of the message; the news isn't a surprise but to be told when we can ask questions feels a bit like being back at school.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    Then why can’t they say that they are looking for dispensation from the FSIF to begin work prior to having the funding decision made? I think what people are annoyed with is that the statement pretty much says ‘don’t bother asking’. We were told New Year’s Day, so is the target still New Year’s Day or has it moved, it’s a simple question really, and it seems that any simple, valid questions are being stamped out by the members of the harem.
    Harem?

That's a new one.

A step up from dregs I suppose.

I don't agree with everything that is done, or how it is done. If I disagree with a decision or a statement I tell AP (or Rod and Chris before him). I do it by having a conversation, rather than from behind a keyboard. I'm sure all three of them would confirm this.

The difference is, I see grey areas rather than just black and white. Some things could be handled better, but other things are being dealt with superbly. "After 12 years of broken promises ...." doesn't wash, as the the people (person!) on the end of most of the abuse (and that's what some of it is) can't be held responsible for many years of disappointment before they were involved.

Others don't see any grey. They have made their mind up and that's that. They will give no credit even when it is due, and I often think are delighted by every setback as it provides new ammunition.

I want this club to prosper, and I firmly believe those at the helm do too. For that reason I'll support them, and try to help in any way I can, whilst also not being afraid to voice my opinion when I disagree.

I think that's a pretty balanced view, compared to seemingly being so consumed with hatred and bitterness that nothing will ever be good enough.

I find it very sad.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Good post Dave - we’ll done!

https://www.fsif.co.uk/funding/the-f...uilding-phase/

This is an interesting read from the FSIF site

‘Before the club can start any works, you will need to have returned the grant acceptance form and discharged any pre-construction conditions of the grant’

I don’t know about these things but Would suspect that they will be conditions that will need to be met before anything else can happen.

Agree with most of that Dave. But, whoever's coming up with these press releases needs to think more carefully about phrasing or run it by someone who's media savvy. You can't blame people for negativity when you're told there will no more updates until September.

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    Good post Dave - we’ll done!
    absolutely agree Judith. Well said, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    Harem?

That's a new one.

A step up from dregs I suppose.

I don't agree with everything that is done, or how it is done. If I disagree with a decision or a statement I tell AP (or Rod and Chris before him). I do it by having a conversation, rather than from behind a keyboard. I'm sure all three of them would confirm this.

The difference is, I see grey areas rather than just black and white. Some things could be handled better, but other things are being dealt with superbly. "After 12 years of broken promises ...." doesn't wash, as the the people (person!) on the end of most of the abuse (and that's what some of it is) can't be held responsible for many years of disappointment before they were involved.

Others don't see any grey. They have made their mind up and that's that. They will give no credit even when it is due, and I often think are delighted by every setback as it provides new ammunition.

I want this club to prosper, and I firmly believe those at the helm do too. For that reason I'll support them, and try to help in any way I can, whilst also not being afraid to voice my opinion when I disagree.

I think that's a pretty balanced view, compared to seemingly being so consumed with hatred and bitterness that nothing will ever be good enough.

I find it very sad.
    Don’t really see how any of that relates to my post. My post was about whether or not the target date for returning has changed, because most people would have inferred that from the statement given but as it wasn’t explicitly clear people are asking the question.

Personally I'm more optimistic than I have been for many years that we are coming back to Gloucester, and sooner rather than later. There are some good people on board now (in terms of being go-getters, less so in terms of PR), but you can't blame fans for being frustrated and also critical about some of the decisions made and actions during the past 12 years. I almost walked away a few years back but realised that I just couldn't do it and now try to get to every game I can. Despite the fact that I have added some grey, yellow, and more recently red to my colour pallet I have however remained consumed with hate and bitterness and often spit at dogs.