Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy. View Post
    Branders seem to imply otherwise the other day, and I'd say he would probably be in the know.
    I think he was suggesting that it seems pretty obvious we will be in the north not that the club know for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandman View Post
    Patience is a virtue!
    I am sure MC already knows where City will be playing next season.
    In fact most if not all the fans, know already where City will be playing.
    Jake Mawford apparently knew weeks ago where City will be playing.
    This says otherwise. I've known Branders long enough to know that when he is sure about something it's a fact.

Just one exception. Coming back from Brackley NYD game on the supporter's coach he was so sure Danny Rose wasn't going to score for Spurs that he announced he would walk home if that happened. Two minutes later and I was trying to throw him off the coach, even though it was pissing down, we were in the Cotswolds and he had turned up in his fancy dress mankini, even though it wasn't fancy dress. Personally I think he was smashed out of his face.

It's odd that the decision is being announced tomorrow given that Gateshead's latest rescue bid has fallen through. According to today's Newcastle Chronicle there needs to be a package agreed by Wednesday:- "The League has set a deadline for Wednesday and the requirements needed simply couldn’t have been fulfilled in that time limit. There also has to be a guarantee about the stadium in place, and that passed on 31st March." Why announce something when you know that there might need to be a re-think 3 days later?
    Last edited by CityGull; 18-05-19 at 07:43 PM.

Has been confirmed by the Non-League matters Twitter account that clubs in steps 1-6 have not been told anything as they have had many clubs tell them as such. Nothing is set in stone until the League's AGM anyway so should Gateshead go before then it will change things.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Has been confirmed by the Non-League matters Twitter account that clubs in steps 1-6 have not been told anything as they have had many clubs tell them as such. Nothing is set in stone until the League's AGM anyway so should Gateshead go before then it will change things.
    I see an entry on our official site saying us an Oxford have gone North and includes a quote from Cookie - confused I am.

Ps Braintree web site says a decision with not be made until the AGM on the 8th June.
    Last edited by Gladfans; 19-05-19 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    I see an entry on our official site saying us an Oxford have gone North and includes a quote from Cookie - confused I am.

Ps Braintree web site says a decision with not be made until the AGM on the 8th June.
    I imagine Braintree might be hoping their is a chance they end up back in the National League itself. Their manager left them today.

Alun Armstrong leaves Blyth and joins rivals Darlington. Blyth have lost a few players already with some following Armstrong probably inevitable too.

And Mark Bower leaves Bradford PA

Never liked him since the Guiseley free kick fiasco.

Curzon lose three players in three days. The latest being Jon Hunt their captain