Thread: Fgr

Fgr

Another failed season really considering Dale Vince said getting to League 1 "would be easy". Will they continue to throw ridiculous cash at it or will he calm down? (Rhetorical question...).

Now that our stadium has been approved and it’s just the “small” matter of funding, I took a gander at their plans. With regards to moving to a new stadium, the demolition application for the new Lawn to be replaced by 90 new homes is due to be heard in around July and there are numerous objections, a great deal from residents and Nailsworth Town Council and Nympsfield parish council. Stroud district committee also oppose.

The new stadium itself has countless objections, there are close to 500 public comments related to it with the vast, vast majority objecting it. Public concern doesn’t always equate to it not happening of course, it really depends on the consultees. Nailsworth Town Council, Eastington Parish Council (where it would be), Frampton Parish Council, Arlingham Parish Council (although the planning site says they support…they definitely don’t reading it!) and Quedgeley Parish Council all object. Numerous Eastington businesses and a special needs college basically on the site also object. The “eco park” side of the development has of course been dropped as of a year or so ago.

Obviously Vince has local clout with his cash and also the MP who was an Ecotricity employee (no conflict of interest there) but I can’t see this being completely plain sailing for him. It’s also interesting to see within the objections the amount of people who believe he basically think he owns the place and can do what he likes. Interestingly Stroud Rugby Club attempted to relocate there before but planning was refused.

Also there are a fair few objections posted on there which the council have listed as neutral or supports?! Little bit dodge, they need to review that.

Crazy to think they'll demolish a fifteen year old stadium.

In other FGR news, Fabien has been released

It’s just not fair how a tiny little club get treated!

why post about the broccoli munchers on the TIGERS forum! Sorry my burger's ready

I felt that this should get refused considering the amount of objections and the gravitas of those doing it, so it's pleasing to see it did. Stroud Rugby Club didn't get any favours and neither should FGR. Moving "because we can get to the Championship" is not a good enough reason!

Having heard statements from the Mayor and other dignitaries it would appear that their main objection was the negative impact it would have on the local economy of Nailsworth.
    The fact that Dale Vince had ambition for the Club was met with disdain by SDC, shame on them.
    They probably couldn’t make a decision especially when one asked if the new wooden stadium would be fire �� resistant!!
    Beggars belief.

To be fair, the fire question is always going to be top of mind after Bradford and the response of "it's technically viable to meet fire standards" isn't particularly the most confident on answers to provide!

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Joly's Publicist View Post
    To be fair, the fire question is always going to be top of mind after Bradford and the response of "it's technically viable to meet fire standards" isn't particularly the most confident on answers to provide!
    Whilst I accept entirely what you say surely to goodness this would be somewhat of an integral part of building a wooden stadium? Or is it just me?