Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Three players sig on for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    Fabien Robert is on FGR official being released list - crowd funding anybody .
    He was on £2k a week at a FGR, city have got no chance

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    And heís said he wants to go to a club that will make him happy! Clearly Ray Tango is not his type 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    I think what he was on is irrelevant, it's what he can be on from the offers he receives.

I think we could have been in with half a chance if he hadn't won POTM and Non League goal of the season, as that really put him on peoples radar. I've no doubt he'd love to stay as he has genuinely enjoyed his time with us, but it's the guys job, and he has to maximise his earnings.

Never say never though, if not now, maybe a year or two down the line.
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    Fabien Robert is on FGR official being released list - crowd funding anybody .
    Maybe the Supporters Trust and the T Enders can help out there along with the fans funding.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    I think what he was on is irrelevant, it's what he can be on from the offers he receives.

I think we could have been in with half a chance if he hadn't won POTM and Non League goal of the season, as that really put him on peoples radar. I've no doubt he'd love to stay as he has genuinely enjoyed his time with us, but it's the guys job, and he has to maximise his earnings.

Never say never though, if not now, maybe a year or two down the line.
    I think we probably need to be realistic about the fact Fabien is at least a National League player so will probably go to a ''big'' spending club in the next level,my guess will be any money that EMG and AP have will go to getting the ground built? And we may pick up some younger released players to compliment what Cokkie has already achieved.
    When you look at real quality we have seen over recent years they do stand head and shoulders above the other players at this level namely Luke Thomas, Fabien Robert and Robbie Cundy to name but three. Fabien will get signed up by a club we can only dream it is us!!

Robert wonít happen itís just not realistic.

Robert had already been at a National League club on loan (Aldershot), scored a worldie or two but then drifted away. Their fans described him as a bit sulky and thus he went back to FGR, never played and then came to us. Obviously Aldershot (pending Gateshead's issues) are a National South club now. Realistically where is there locally that he could go to? He's probably too much of a "luxury" player for Cheltenham. He's already been at Swindon. So then your looking a bit further afield, Newport? Probably not. Oxford U, Walsall or Bristol Rovers? Probably too high a standard. Solihull? They are already paying decent wages, could they afford another? Torquay? They'd surely be looking at Bristol City for loans (odds on Cundy goes out on loan there...)

Then you are back into our level, if he want's to stay relatively local. I doubt Hereford have the cash either, but he really wouldn't suit Ricco's hit and hope football at all. That would be a backwards step.

We think he's the mustard but given FGR never played him and other clubs fans didn't really rate him, our thoughts on him are probably over estimated. I'd be surprised if he's with us next season, but I'd also say that it wouldn't be beyond the total realms of possibility that he doesn't get a big money move.

Every game I have seen him play for us he has been crap. Yes he can score wonder goals and those goals kept us up, but if any National League or higher club have done proper scouting on him I don't think they will be wanting him. I can see him wanting to stay with us as I bet he loves the fact he is the main man. He goes higher up and he wont be that anymore. I guess it depends what he wants and what he can get.

I'm guessing you haven't seen him play much then? He was by far the best player in a City shirt every time he was on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Every game I have seen him play for us he has been crap. Yes he can score wonder goals and those goals kept us up, but if any National League or higher club have done proper scouting on him I don't think they will be wanting him. I can see him wanting to stay with us as I bet he loves the fact he is the main man. He goes higher up and he wont be that anymore. I guess it depends what he wants and what he can get.
    Yeah heís awful ainít he? He contributes nothing at all. It beggars belief how he won so many rewards!!!!

Iím going back to bed I give up sometimes!!