Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rod Gone

Rod Gone

Big shame to see Rod Jenner leave as chairman, nice chap and steered us through very tricky times.

Who next?

Not unexpected and was circulating a month ago that he would be stepping down after the end of the season.

Appreciate all his efforts with his sidekick Chris but as often the case over the years it is not an easy role in any club let alone City.

No doubt AP will take this vacant role on as well. Await further developments.
    Last edited by Brandman; 09-05-19 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Brandman View Post
    Not unexpected and was circulating a month ago that he would be stepping down after the end of the season.

Appreciate all his efforts with his sidekick Chris but as often the case over the years it is not an easy role in any club let alone City.

No doubt AP will take this vacant role on as well. Await further developments.

I would say to call Chris ‘a sidekick’ is showing a massive disrespect to a man who sacrificed a hell of a lot of his own personal time into his multiple roles and would say he and Rod were more of a partnership. I find it interesting that a man who promotes the virtues of respect towards former members of the club could show such disregard for someone who did so much. As for Alex absorbing the role, I would say he already has enough on his plate like bringing us home...

RT for Chairman

Rod done alright didn’t he? for a ‘non-footballing man’

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Van Der Floof View Post
    RT for Chairman
    I did become partial to the prawns and red wine last season I’m not gonna lie 😉

There have been some real achievements of late but it must be a concern that people have left. Lot to do on a few shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Big shame to see Rod Jenner leave as chairman, nice chap and steered us through very tricky times.

Who next?
    Is there anyone left

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    I would say to call Chris ‘a sidekick’ is showing a massive disrespect to a man who sacrificed a hell of a lot of his own personal time into his multiple roles and would say he and Rod were more of a partnership. I find it interesting that a man who promotes the virtues of respect towards former members of the club could show such disregard for someone who did so much. As for Alex absorbing the role, I would say he already has enough on his plate like bringing us home...

Dear Mr Tango.
    Can I please - with respect - refer you to the dictionary definition

Side-kick

a person who works with someone who is more important than they are:

In his position at Dowdeswell Estates and at this Club, he was precisely that to Rod.

Now had I called him a crony that would have been disrespectful.

And to end the debate from my perspective I was actually showing BOTH of them respect by acknowledging their efforts against a backdrop of constant difficulty and especially that they were in your description - ‘non football’ people.

By the way I admire your loyalty from your newly acquired position. May I say that is admiral and not disrespectful towards you. But I have been in the game long enough to not worry what people say. Sadly in football it comes with the territory. I learnt myself that from being a long term side-kick, that you take all the flak flying but never get the credit and/or the glory.
    Last edited by Brandman; 09-05-19 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Brandman View Post
    Dear Mr Tango.
    Can I please - with respect - refer you to the dictionary definition

Side-kick

a person who works with someone who is more important than they are:

In his position at Dowdeswell Estates and at this Club, he was precisely that to Rod.

Now had I called him a crony that would have been disrespectful.

And to end the debate from my perspective I was actually showing BOTH of them respect by acknowledging their efforts against a backdrop of constant difficulty and especially that they were in your description - ‘non football’ people.

By the way I admire your loyalty from your newly acquired position. May I say that is admiral and not disrespectful towards you. But I have been in the game long enough to not worry what people say. Sadly in football it comes with the territory. I learnt myself that from being a long term side-kick, that you take all the flak flying but never get the credit and/or the glory.
    I think that what you meant was clear and to claim one to be more important that the other, downplays ones contribution and could still be argued a term of disrespect. I doubt you’d have ever referred to George Irvine as Mike Dunstan’s sidekick within the Club’s organisation? The fact that you drop the word crony shows what you really meant. The term ‘non footballing men’ was thrown at them by early critics (of which I was a very vocal one) but one I think they overtime disproved
    Last edited by Ray Tango; 09-05-19 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Crap spelling