Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rod Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Tango View Post
    I think that what you meant was clear and to claim one to be more important that the other, downplays ones contribution and could still be argued a term of disrespect. I doubt you’d have ever referred to George Irvine as Mike Dunstan’s sidekick within the Club’s organisation? The fact that you drop the word crony shows what you really meant. The term ‘non footballing men’ was thrown at them by early critics (of which I was a very vocal one) but one I think they overtime disproved
    You would be surprised what I have said to George Irvine over many years but there again he had carried the Chairmans baton for many of those years and I had encouraged him to return when I restructured the Club. A businessman with plenty of football knowledge. And of course he ultimately left and wrote an open letter to fans why he left. Worth reading again.

I will not continue the debate on my use of the single word of ‘side-kick’ because it serves no purpose and I have explained my reasoning. Let’s agree to disagree?

Best wishes in your continuing efforts to support this GREAT club and it’s name going forward. And for the record I have no view about badges or kit colours. They are a ‘side-show’!

Very sad to see Rod step down, and people are right to be concerned. Its not just the dwindling numbers, its the fact that its the dregs that are being left.

Thank you Rod for sticking with the club through a difficult time, and for the opportunity to help the club - seeing the phone mast come down was a great moment for me, sadly followed by probably the most disappointing period of my association with the club. However, that was a different time, the club currently calling itself GCAFC is one I no longer choose to recognise. Look forward to working with Dowdeswell Estates on their exciting projects.

A typical sniper shot from TM.
    I got the impression that Rod was a reluctant Chairman anyway, that said I thank him for his tenure, always approachable and honest.
    As for the new person in the hot seat? AP is the obvious candidate if he indeed wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    Very sad to see Rod step down, and people are right to be concerned. Its not just the dwindling numbers, its the fact that its the dregs that are being left.

Thank you Rod for sticking with the club through a difficult time, and for the opportunity to help the club - seeing the phone mast come down was a great moment for me, sadly followed by probably the most disappointing period of my association with the club. However, that was a different time, the club currently calling itself GCAFC is one I no longer choose to recognise. Look forward to working with Dowdeswell Estates on their exciting projects.
    Well I have been called many things in life - but now I am one of the dregs - classy

Quote Originally Posted by Kingo View Post
    Well I have been called many things in life - but now I am one of the dregs - classy
    Surprise surprise Trev takes something posted on the cof personally. You love the drama. If only you were so quick to call out the things that mattered.

Personally, I think name calling is something that matters - good manners don't cost anything

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermatty View Post
    Surprise surprise Trev takes something posted on the cof personally.
    I know, I called someone an effing wanker once and, what do you know, they took it personally too!

What are these people like?
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Name View Post
    I know, I called someone an effing wanker once and, what do you know, they took it personally too!

What are these people like?
    ?
    Trev knows full well that it wasn’t aimed at him, so stop getting your knickers in a twist

The point is that you may know that, Trev may know that but the rest of us do not know that and your posts do not do you any credit.
    Just my opinion.
    And I go commando.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Name View Post
    The point is that you may know that, Trev may know that but the rest of us do not know that and your posts do not do you any credit.
    Just my opinion.
    And I go commando.
    I gave up looking for credit from this club a long time ago believe me