Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funding

FSIF website explains it well like Gladfans said,shows the motive too stay In NLN was very important for many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    FSIF website explains it well like Gladfans said,shows the motive too stay In NLN was very important for many reasons.
    Here to help.

Canít remember the date of the May meeting...isnít it this week?

Just checked the official website. The meeting was due to take place on Friday 10th May, so hopefully weíll hear soon that our application was reviewed and that we donít have to wait til August for the next one.

From my knowledge of the FSIF I do believe the actual May meeting is on 30th. And this is the SIP - Panel. The amount of funding which City would seek under 'special status' can only be sanctioned by the Football Foundation Board. And my check believes they next meet in August/September.

The 10th May by the Club seems to be a bit misleading because that was the last date a club had to submit an application for the Panel to assess on 30th.

Having been involved in many such applications - unless it has changed, the initial Panel meeting just checks the application and often raises a number of questions which need to be answered and action taken to address any clear problem areas.

Surveyors will get involved and the two main issues of tenure of club and the venue along with how does the Club applying demonstrate how the amount they have to contribute is going to be accrued and evidenced.

I am hopeful that FSIF will still endorse the original application for 'special status' which I sought £1M in 2012 to build an A Grade stadium. By 2016 when full consent was passed that figure had I believe dropped to around £750k because less money was available in the pot to individual clubs for a number of reasons. Now downgrading the build it will no doubt see that possibility of extra funding drop again.

Time and tide (excuse another terrible pun) waits for no man.

Fans can only hold their breath, because no definitive date can be set in stone for a return home. As stated before the FSIF will not be rushed.
    Last edited by Brandman; 15-05-19 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandman View Post
    From my knowledge of the FSIF I do believe the actual May meeting is on 30th. And this is the SIP - Panel. The amount of funding which City would seek under 'special status' can only be sanctioned by the Football Foundation Board. And my check believes they next meet in August/September.

The 10th May by the Club seems to be a bit misleading because that was the last date a club had to submit an application for the Panel to assess on 30th.

Having been involved in many such applications - unless it has changed, the initial Panel meeting just checks the application and often raises a number of questions which need to be answered and action taken to address any clear problem areas.

Surveyors will get involved and the two main issues of tenure of club and the venue along with how does the Club applying demonstrate how the amount they have to contribute is going to be accrued and evidenced.

I am hopeful that FSIF will still endorse the original application for 'special status' which I sought £1M in 2013 to build an A Grade stadium. By 2016 when full consent was passed that figure had I believe dropped to around £750k because less money was available in the pot to individual clubs for a number of reasons. Now downgrading the build it will no doubt see that possibility of extra funding drop again.

Time and tide (excuse another terrible pun) waits for no man.

Fans can only hold their breath, because no definitive date can be set in stone for a return home. As stated before the FSIF will not be rushed.
    Thanks Colin, thatís helpful insight. I canít help be pessimistic that this process will delay us, just like planning permissions before this. Thereís been some real positivity recently so, as this is Gloucester City, we are probably due a setback!

I think that the funding is nailed on, the application process is fairly straightforward and if youíre in the building trade even more so. The FSIF are also very eager to see this happen so I would expect their full support. Where it gets tricky is that the funding is only half the story really. They will fund up to 70% and thatís only for certain elements of the stadium, thereís a great deal that they wonít fund which will need to be funded in full privately. So even though getting £750k funding sounds great, thatís still over £300k youíve got to find just for the fundable bits. And with a basic stadium such as the proposed meadow park, thereís only so much you can spend anyway, unless you want the seats gold plated or something. Itís not uncommon for a building firm to be involved with a football club, so you can see how the temptation arises to go for maximum funding and then do the work cheaper yourself, fiddle the invoices, and avoid having to provide all the partnership funding. Not something that City are intending on doing Iím sure. As Colin says, the FSIF will be very stringent.

Funding aside, someone at this club is going to have to part with a great deal of cash. Iím sure theyíre hoping to have something to show for it at the end.