Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ten years ago today

Ten years ago today

Where were you?

Still have the DVD but it was weird day. For some reason lots of regular fans didn't seem to go, although we still had a great travelling support there. We were massive underdogs yet nicked the win (what a save from big Kev at the end!). Farnborough were good hosts, no bother despite a full on pitch invasion from our fans.

Getting back to Gloucester however was surreal, mainly for the bellend bouncers in the Regal!

I was there!!!!

About this time it suddenly became a reality that we could actually do this and the squeaky bum time began. Then for the long ‘Barmy Army’ to see team home.

Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    I was there!!!!
    And me

So was everyone in Gloucestershire if you care to ask!

I remember after the final whistle running onto the pitch with about £2k in my pockets (coach money)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingo View Post
    I remember after the final whistle running onto the pitch with about £2k in my pockets (coach money)
    I remember organising those 4 coaches. I didn't get much done at work that week!

One of the worst quality and least enjoyable City matches I've watched I reckon! Great result and achievement though. Great night out after too!

I took my Mum and Dad and Katie.

Katie suggested I got something from the bar to celebrate on the way home with.

I bought every individual quarter bottle of wine they had in the fridge, costing 87 quid.

They lasted for ages!*

*(Halfway home)
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Where were you?
    Away for the weekend at a longstanding arrangement