Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What an utter farce

What an utter farce

You got to wonder what is going on when Cinderford and cirencester are both in the play offs and as it stands, neither have got a chance of going up before a ball has even been kicked.
    How utterly demoralising for the clubs and players. To have a play off semi final with no meaning is just wrong, what ever league reorganisation is taking place it should never have come to this. Why have play offs when it must have been known this would happen for some clubs

Saw this. What a shambles. I believe Ciren can go up if some other higher teams lose, but Cinderford have no chance. Awful league design.

For restructures with odd numbers - isn't there a precedent for having play-offs between play-off winners, or teams in the relegation zone of the league below?

I agree the FA have created a right shambles. It should have been 4 down from Step 2 this season or 2 down and then boost the leagues to 24 as they are doing next season. For only 2 play-off winners to go up from Step 3 is crazy and like you say at Step 4 it is even worse.

Southern League and the others at Step 3 & 4 have loads of issues. Fortunately if all goes to plan it will not happen again, though I am not a favourite of 24 Clubs in NL North and South for 20/21 season.

I hope we have a scout at the Ciren, Cinders play off should be quite a lot of local talent on show there that may fit the bill for us next season,

That left winger who played against us for Ciren in the County Cup was pretty impressive. Had been with FGR I believe. Anyone know his name?
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    That left winger who played against us for Ciren in the County Cup was pretty impressive. Had been with FGR I believe. Anyone know his name?
    Maybe Jordan Morris (http://www.cirentownfc.com/player-profiles/?p=905). Their impressive website has him listed at 11 for the County Cup match. Seems to mainly be used as a sub!

That's him. Everything threatening came through him.
    A proper, out and out winger who constantly took his man on (and beat him!)
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Going tonight, who do I look out for?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeglos View Post
    You got to wonder what is going on when Cinderford and cirencester are both in the play offs and as it stands, neither have got a chance of going up before a ball has even been kicked.
    How utterly demoralising for the clubs and players. To have a play off semi final with no meaning is just wrong, what ever league reorganisation is taking place it should never have come to this. Why have play offs when it must have been known this would happen for some clubs
    What did Will Carliing say about the RFU all those many years ago - same applies shocking. To many blazer men on a salary who contribute nothing.