Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Promotion & Relegations

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish tiger View Post
    I would happily pay more than that to watch City at wembley!
    I'd pay it to see City play in fecking Gloucester!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by daveangel View Post
    I'd pay it to see City play in fecking Gloucester!
    The best post on the COF for a long time...………………..

One of the big draws about getting to Wembley is that all the people with half an interest in the team or area would come and support the team. When teams would get to the trophy final in the 80’s and 90’s you’d have a month or so for the build up of it all and people would buy tickets in that period.

Forgetting the early bird offers for neutral to buy a cheaper ticket, the ‘Conference’ play off final has a week window to buy tickets between semi final and final, and tickets at £42, doesn’t attract the might go attendee. So you’re left with pretty much the die hards and a few come alongs. Location not such a massive issue as Forest Green and Boreham Wood showed in previous seasons taking only 2,500 to wembley.

Great place to win a game for sure, but the attendances at Wembley for this fixture are showing it’s not working exactly.

It works when youhave a big club and Tranmere certainly boosted the last two crowd figures. Boreham Wood seemed to attract a few hangers on last year, but then the fact they are so close to Wembley helped that. If that final had been Orient v Wrexham then it would have been a huge crowd.