Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Billaricay

Billaricay

Heard that they are unable Concord Not Billericay to play in the playoffs as they do not have enough seats

What ever you think of them i think this is unfair as they have promised to have seats for the start of next season but rules are rules
    Last edited by GDE; 26-04-19 at 01:14 PM.

It's Concord.

Yep. And they had 3 points deducted over a loanee issue.

Absolutely no sympathy for them. Rules and rules and every club knows what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by GDE View Post
    Heard that they are unable Concord Not Billericay to play in the playoffs as they do not have enough seats

What ever you think of them i think this is unfair as they have promised to have seats for the start of next season but rules are rules
    They have been in the League for 5 years.

They were one of six clubs in North/South written to in August to remind them they did not qualify for automatic promotion or be eligible to participate in Play Offs. Gloucester City were one of the six, with the others being Ashton Utd, Leamington, Chippenham and Hungerford. Those clubs are not a secret. Everyone in Step2 knows who they are and it is not a new rule. It has been in place before they joined the League. Two seasons ago four clubs were denied the same chance - Darlington, Poole, Wealdstone and Hungerford. All appealed and lost. It was a major test of the rule and so no club cannot say they didnt know. And before those four it also happened to Eastwood Town. So proves how long the rule has been around.

A new rule was also added by the FA for this season - that if any club fails to meet the Rule after 3 seasons they will be relegated. Why does every other club do it but some don't.

All the Clubs voted on that, so another reason why Gloucester cannot hang around getting home. One season already gone. Nick Meeks and Rod Jenner will confirm these facts. And even Mike Dunstan who was Chairman before will attest to this as well.

Concord had upmteen letters, visits and also informed by the FA last December that they would not be eligible if they didn't do the work. Promises is part of the problem, hence why the rules are there. Always two sides to a story. I feel sorry for Manager and Players who have obviously been kept in the dark until training last night when their right of appeal timeline had expired and they had not taken the option to appeal.
    Last edited by Brandman; 26-04-19 at 09:10 PM.

If you don't have rules, what do you have?

I'll tell you what.......

Anarchy!

Totally agree with Colin and their chairman only has himself to blame. Hardly a shock they are in the play-offs given they have been in them for most of the season. He has spent a lot of money on the squad and yet moans now they can't go into the play-offs as if it is the leagues or the FA's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Totally agree with Colin and their chairman only has himself to blame. Hardly a shock they are in the play-offs given they have been in them for most of the season. He has spent a lot of money on the squad and yet moans now they can't go into the play-offs as if it is the leagues or the FA's fault.
    It is now stated by their Manager in a local press interview that he was told in February by the Chairman that they could not be promoted but he didn't tell the players until Thursday. Not sure what to make of it?
    Why would you spend money on a playing budget knowing you can't be promoted and carry on deceiving the players and fans. I know in football terms they don't have many of the latter but they are a committed bunch and it is shameful. I wonder what City fans would say if it happened to them. You only have to look at last week's result when they beat St Albans and the images posted of dressing room celebrations after qualifying for the Play Offs. Perhaps I am old school but I find what I hear and read being unbelievable.

It's a rare thing, but I agree with Darran.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandman View Post
    It is now stated by their Manager in a local press interview that he was told in February by the Chairman that they could not be promoted but he didn't tell the players until Thursday. Not sure what to make of it?
    Why would you spend money on a playing budget knowing you can't be promoted and carry on deceiving the players and fans. I know in football terms they don't have many of the latter but they are a committed bunch and it is shameful. I wonder what City fans would say if it happened to them. You only have to look at last week's result when they beat St Albans and the images posted of dressing room celebrations after qualifying for the Play Offs. Perhaps I am old school but I find what I hear and read being unbelievable.
    I would find it a disgrace if it was kept hidden from us. The players must really be annoyed although fair play to them for winning this afternoon. God knows what the chairman is playing at, but he has a lot of explaining to do.