Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One for Colin

One for Colin

Has the National League got a specific rule for a "grace period" or the like when a team has transferred from one regional league to another and cannot be moved for x amount of time (like 2 seasons) or is it on a club by club basis? I was under the impression there's 2 seasons grace (which we're now past) but have seen other club's fans say it's three, which would mean if so we'd stay South. Thanks

Also, in recent years there has been discussion on here that those being switched have received a payment to reflected increased costs associated, was this purely speculation or did it happen. If so, when, how much and to which club(s). Would that apply to us if that happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Shandy. View Post
    Also, in recent years there has been discussion on here that those being switched have received a payment to reflected increased costs associated, was this purely speculation or did it happen. If so, when, how much and to which club(s). Would that apply to us if that happened?
    I'm only aware of that happening to Bishops Stortford because they were moved at very late notice because Rushden went bust. It was pretty controversial at the time so I would be surprised if it had happened again.

Pretty sure it happened to Worcester as well - wasn't that why Gloucester were put in the North in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Si Robin View Post
    Pretty sure it happened to Worcester as well - wasn't that why Gloucester were put in the North in the first place?
    I think Worcester were allowed to stay South for 1 more season which is why we went straight into the North.

All decisions are made by the FA, not the League, and I expect the said meeting to take place around the second week of May. How the so called Super Play Offs at Step3 affect the timing this year I do not have any idea. Does anyone know what they are?

Clubs do not have a grace period but all have an option to appeal the allocation.

The post re Bishops Stortford was correct that the League itself made an extraordinary one off compensation payment to them because it was made much later than normal. That is not the case now, hence why dates of meetings and decisions made are ratified before League AGM’s. Our AGM is Saturday 8th June.

Personally I think financially it would be best for City to return to the North but I have no say in that. Plus I do not know the finances of the Club and player plans for next season. Clubs should have ‘draft budgets’ for all likely scenarios. The first question though is who will lead the Club on and off the field. That needs establishing as a priority to make sound judgements when you throw in the new stadium build as well. Those financial additions will be crucial.

Hope that helps but probably can’t answer the main question of which division the Club will play in.
    Last edited by Brandman; 24-04-19 at 12:14 PM.

Having read a post on the South Shields website the two play-off winners in the Evo-Stik North and Evo-Stik Central will play each other and that takes places on May 11th. I guess it will be the same date for the Evo-Stik South and Bostik Prem match as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandman View Post
    The post re Bishops Stortford was correct that the League itself made an extraordinary one off compensation payment to them because it was made much later than normal. That is not the case now, hence why dates of meetings and decisions made are ratified before League AGM’s. Our AGM is Saturday 8th June.
    Thanks Branders

Quote Originally Posted by Brandman View Post
    The post re Bishops Stortford was correct that the League itself made an extraordinary one off compensation payment to them because it was made much later than normal. That is not the case now, hence why dates of meetings and decisions made are ratified before League AGMís. Our AGM is Saturday 8th June.
    Thanks Branders

Shandy: Itís nice to be thanked twice by the way.

Darren: If they decide on 11th who the two extra teams are from the Super Play Offs, then with our North and South Finals being 12th I would anticipate the FA meeting on the 13th to give maximum time for any lateral appeals. But for appeals to have any validation they would need to be based on really strong grounds to win. Not just liking it or wishing to refuse to move would not be successful.