Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next seasonís squad stay or go

Quote Originally Posted by Gladfans View Post
    Agreed did not Jaz decide to not to stay with us because we went south. If we go north I wonder if he would come back or would we want him back.
    He did leave because of the move south. A permanent keeper is no doubt of Cookie’s shopping list and Jaz would fit the bill.

Have we now created a COF police to say when we can start a thread.
    Personally I agree with Joe, seems a bit disrespectful as during the past few months even those players that haven't performed to the standard have put their heart and souls into the effort.

And with the greatest respect Gladfans I have read enough of your posts berating people for their 'negative' views on board members, so not so sure why you should take the moral high ground when it comes to the same thing with the players.

Iím pretty sure weíre heading North which may help with player recruitment.

Joe Parker should definitely stay in my opinion. Heís done a lot for the club on and off the pitch during his time here, and heís still got a lot to give.

Itís been a tough season, weíve had 3 managers and a largely unstable team until recently, Iím not surprised some players have struggled to shine.

Pins Managers list is about right - thatís the backbone of a fairly decent team, but we do need to find a couple of goal scorers!

Would love to get Jas back - one of the best keepers weíve had in recent times.

Have we now created a COF police to say when we can start a thread.
    Don't think so. Was just thinking about the players logging on here to read some rare but much deserved praise after a good result and half of them being asked to "close the door behind them". Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by young alfie View Post
    As Gladfan stated no room for sentiment I wouldn't keep Joe, local lad I know but he hasn't added anything to the squad this season. Same goes for Koswica but he's contracted so we\re stuck with him.
    Canít comment on his form but releasing a player with over 200 games at NL level and has the DNI of the club needs to be a decision which is not taken lightly.
    Everyone thought that new approach with Todd would work but in the end it was the old school that gone the job done.
    Last edited by Spanish tiger; 23-04-19 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by young alfie View Post
    As Gladfan stated no room for sentiment I wouldn't keep Joe, local lad I know but he hasn't added anything to the squad this season. Same goes for Koswica but he's contracted so we\re stuck with him.
    Canít comment on his form but releasing a player with over 200 games at NL level and has the DNI of the club needs to be a decision which is not taken lightly.
    Everyone thought that new approach with Todd would work but in the end it was the old school that gone the job done.

Isn't Jas struggling to get in the Tamworth team at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Think he's playing on regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by Darran View Post
    Ref Jaz - Good keepers don't turn bad overnight as we know set-up and culture leads to confidence at a club and plays a big part aka Todd!
    Likely problems are Jake Mawford who lives near Weston Super Mare and Jake Jackson from the Bristol area so if as likely we move North then a clear issue for them to decide the extra travel on top of the day job. Young Smerdon is unlikely also if he doesn't join a league club I would think he would be off to University?
    I would also think Knowlsey must be close to hanging up his boots?
    I make that at least 5/6 WITHOUT any non retained?
    GK/LB/RB//MF x 2 /CF so we will have at least half a new team next season....
    Unbelievable to imagine that the dynamic duo won't be here next season as they deserve the freedom of the City after what they have done for this club. The pool of players in the Midlands will be interesting to tap into also to see what contacts Cooky can unearth. Coming into the club so late in the season is an impossible job given our predicament in January and players don't often leave mid season without a large fee.

I wonder if Kotwica could do a job at full back? Certainty puts a good shift in on the wing and gets stuck in, just doesn't seem to have a goal in him at the moment.

Hope we don't lose Mawford & Jackson. Mawford has been the most improved player since the start of the season for me.

Whitehead & Griffin for Cirencester are the two top scorers in that league so you'd have to fancy either one of them getting double figures at this level, but I doubt Alan would go considering he's Charlie's brother. Owen Windsor - Cirencester's third choice striker - also worth a look. He's at Hartpury and an England Schoolboys international.

James Harding at Cinderford might be worth a look too - scored 5 against Yate the other day and didn't even play the last 20 minutes.