Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next seasonís squad stay or go

Next seasonís squad stay or go

Bit of a tough one but - no room for sentiment in business. Priorities- same keeper all season long ( JJ Wallacot ? Season loan deals from EFL are apparently doable without the parent club calling them back ) who would you retain?

Smerdon,Avery,Hamilton, Mawford , Jackson, Hanks ,Thomas, Parker.

Ask the rest ( loan players aside) to close the door behind them.

As Gladfan stated no room for sentiment I wouldn't keep Joe, local lad I know but he hasn't added anything to the squad this season. Same goes for Koswica but he's contracted so we\re stuck with him.

Bit early for this thread considering we've just secured safety. Let the players celebrate that before getting the axe out.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Bit early for this thread considering we've just secured safety. Let the players celebrate that before getting the axe out.
    Agree with Joe, let the lads enjoy the last game, presentation night and tour

Hear hear!

I hope Portugal is ready!!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Have we now created a COF police to say when we can start a thread.

A bit of perspective. Remember our last season at Whaddon Rd. when we finished on a high and were not so distant from the playoffs. 10th we finished wasn't it? If I remember rightly, Zach and JP played a large part in that success. I think it's no coincidence moving to Evesham, Tim going followed by alot of people who'd been at the club for yonks who'd been put in with the foundations followed by Webby retiring and then we got Chris Todd. Not to forget we lost Ed Williams and Hopper. If we could have somehow kept that squad together and added to it, and if Marc didn't leave, then who bloody knows this year may have been completely different.

The boat was inevitably going to be rocked a bit, obviously Zach left us as well and then came back halfway through what is an awful season for us. I can forgive some of them for not firing in all cylinders like they're capable of under the circumstances.

I'm actually optimistic next season is going to be quite different and far more positive. Not saying we're gonna win the league, but I feel we won't be in a relegation scrap, and with a full pre-season with us, Zach and Joe will come good as will the rest of the lads.

Guess some of the players we keep/release may be dependent on if we are north/south

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Van Der Floof View Post
    Guess some of the players we keep/release may be dependent on if we are north/south
    Agreed did not Jaz decide to not to stay with us because we went south. If we go north I wonder if he would come back or would we want him back.