Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chippenham Today

Chippenham Today

Once again my footballing duties take me elsewhere this afternoon but thought I would start the match thread off.

Though Chips have nothing to play for donít underestimate them at your peril. I am sure that they as a club would prefer playing City again next season rather than the likes of Truro but itís the players who will make the result.

City just need to go out and be tight across midfield and take any limited opportunities which come their way over the 90 mins. No need to be gung-ho.

Best wishes.

Sod that, I want the exact the opposite.
    Confidence is running sky high through that team at the moment. Letís go for the jugular and finish it off today and get behind the lads, Christ they deserve it thatís for sure then we can all go to Woking and enjoy it.

I want somewhere in the middle.

Not Gung ho, but I'd prefer to underestimate them (at our peril)

Tight across the middle, but simultaneously going for the jugular, racing into an 8-0 lead by half time.

This would allow us to bring Phil Gough on in goal for the second half, breaking the world record of 37 keepers in a single season.

I just don't want to spend 90 minutes in Woking fearing a coronary arrest!
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

It will be interesting to see how we set up.

The optimists will feel we have already done enough, and that the teams below us will not pick up enough points now. And feel we should go out relaxed and get a result.

The pessimists will feel that we will get nothing at Woking, and therefore it is crucial we get a win today to make sure, even a draw might not be good enough.

If we were to be disappointed today the other interesting game for us is Hungerford at Torquay. A home win is not obvious, as from Torquay's last game it might appear the players are already on the beach, and they have also lost at home to bottom club Weston this season! Goal difference will be interesting if we both lose - although it stands at eight it might be tighter after today and we have a tricky last away game while Hungerford will play probably already relegated East Thurrock at home so a big win is possible (didn't they thump someone 5-0 the other week)

And Slough have a part to play for City, home to Eastbourne today, and away to Truro last game.

You've got to love these end of season permutations, as long as they all work out in your favour!

For me I think we should treat it as a must win game, even if it puts more pressure on us than we'd like.

To that win at home will take this monkey off our back, we don't want to be starting the new season facing the prospect of not having won at home in over a year - although to have survived relegation would be some achievement given that stat!

Take a point today, meaning that if Truro don't win at Hampton, or Hungerford lose at Torquay, then we're safe. While neither of those are certain scenarios, in all likelihood one should happen.

Hard to play for a draw though. Chippenham are a tough side with three ex-City players likely to feature (Parselle, Jarvis, and Chambers). Could be a sweaty 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Take a point today, meaning that if Truro don't win at Hampton, or Hungerford lose at Torquay, then we're safe. While neither of those are certain scenarios, in all likelihood one should happen.

Hard to play for a draw though. Chippenham are a tough side with three ex-City players likely to feature (Parselle, Jarvis, and Chambers). Could be a sweaty 90 minutes.
    I can see Truro drawing, but Hungerford pulling off an unexpected win in Torquay, as Gary Johnson picks a youth team. Our Evesham jinx continues and we go to Woking 3 points clear with a superior goal difference of 7 or 8.

Imagine watching Hungerford goals go in against relegated East Thurrock...and the GD advantage slowly disappearing....
    Pitying people who need to drink alcohol to have a good time since 4th June 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post

Yep imo that would be the ideal scenario- let’s hope Torquay in particular aren’t in a generous mood as Dartford were.

Stopped checking Twitter at half time and were now winning 3-2! Get in, was anyone really worried about relegation? Mid table finish in the end!

...and with Truro 1 down, safety is almost in the bag Ö. and seconds later, it is